MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ban list - SQL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use this plugin

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=423

However I gets this SQL error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1
Query:
SELECT * FROM mybb_banned ORDER BY dateline DESC LIMIT -20, 20

What to do? Can somebody skilled in php/mysql help me to figure it out? Thank you very much!
(2018-12-09, 05:41 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I use this plugin

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=423

However I gets this SQL error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1
Query:
SELECT * FROM mybb_banned ORDER BY dateline DESC LIMIT -20, 20

What to do? Can somebody skilled in php/mysql help me to figure it out? Thank you very much!

Check with @Wildcard. 

He fixed a similar issue with my Ban list, too.
Great, thank you, rep +1 Smile
@Eldenroot

There are vulnerabilities with that plugin/page. I shared a fixed copy with Serpius. Remind me when I get home tonight and I'll send it to you as well.
(2018-12-09, 06:03 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]fix provided by Wildcard  

[original plugin source code @ GitHub]

While I have your attention on this...

Is it possible to have this plugin fixed (as done by @Wildcard) and the old plugin be updated on MyBB Extend? 

I mean, all is being done is fixing the XSS vulnerability and sanitizing the plugin, but the original author still gets credit for it. 

I hate for others to keep on downloading the vulnerable plugin without realizing that there is a fix for it.
At least mark this plugin as vulnerable Smile
done

I was supposed to have done that already, but I forgot...Blush