MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Impact both to be hot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently, under "Forum Display Options" there are 2 settings to mark a thread hot :
a. Replies For Hot Topic
b. Views For Hot Topic

It acts this way that if either of the criteria value exceeds the thread becomes hot. I'd like to propose a new setting to consider both the value for marking a thread hot!
(2018-12-10, 06:40 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Currently, under "Forum Display Options" there are 2 settings to mark a thread hot :
a. Replies For Hot Topic
b. Views For Hot Topic

It acts this way that if either of the criteria value exceeds the thread becomes hot. I'd like to propose a new setting to consider both the value for marking a thread hot!

Can you give us an example of how that would look like? 

I'm trying to visualize this, but having a bit of difficulty thinking this through.
Say, you have set your "Replies For Hot Topic" to 20 and "Views For Hot Topic" to 200

Now, 
  • if you have a thread with 22 replies and 124 views it will appear as hot.
  • if you have a thread with 3 replies and 347 views it will appear as hot.
Its fine but I'm proposing an additional setting to consider both, like in the above scenario only if a thread has 20+ replies as well as 200+ views only then it will appear as hot - any less amount for either 2 will not mark that thread as hot.

Hope I've made my point clear.
(2018-12-10, 07:55 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Say, you have set your "Replies For Hot Topic" to 20 and "Views For Hot Topic" to 200

Now, 
  • if you have a thread with 22 replies and 124 views it will appear as hot.
  • if you have a thread with 3 replies and 347 views it will appear as hot.
Its fine but I'm proposing an additional setting to consider both, like in the above scenario only if a thread has 20+ replies as well as 200+ views only then it will appear as hot - any less amount for either 2 will not mark that thread as hot.

Hope I've made my point clear.

Yes, it's much clearer now.

I second your motion for this idea!
So what you mean is a toggle switch that says "AND" or "OR" for those criteria?
(2018-12-11, 09:10 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]So what you mean is a toggle switch that says "AND" or "OR" for those criteria?

A third option (yes/no) stating "Consider both Views & Replies for Hot Thread".
(2018-12-11, 10:02 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-11, 09:10 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]So what you mean is a toggle switch that says "AND" or "OR" for those criteria?

A third option (yes/no) stating "Consider both Views & Replies for Hot Thread".

Or...

Input '0' to disable it.
(2018-12-11, 10:22 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Or...

Input '0' to disable it.

In that case both criteria will be always considered if any of those is not 0.
But I support this. Why will anyone set a value and not consider to use it ...

Currently setting any of the value 0 makes all the threads hot throughout the site. Weird, really ...
(2018-12-11, 10:43 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-11, 10:22 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]Or...

Input '0' to disable it.

In that case both criteria will be always considered if any of those is not 0.
But I support this. Why will anyone set a value and not consider to use it ...

Currently setting any of the value 0 makes all the threads hot throughout the site. Weird, really ...

Hmmm...

Can the code change a bit to allow the input of '0' to act as a disabler?
Surely.
Pages: 1 2