MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All Pages Requiring Refresh to Show Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Tried to do a search, but don't think I'm using the right terms.

I'm having an issue where nothing that I do reflects or updates until I reload the page. This happens with just about everything; creating a new thread or updating a setting in the ACP. I'll click to save a setting, it'll say it's saved, I navigate back, and it still reflects what it was before I saved it until I soft or hard refresh.

Still getting SSL up, but here's the site URL, and the test account:

http://forum.pokemonurpg.com/
User: test
Password: account

This is a new and recent installation of myBB.

Cookie Domain: .forum.pokemonurpg.com
Cookie Path: /
(No cookie prefix)

Feel free to hop in and make a post or a thread to see what I mean. It'll show that you've made a post if you quick reply, but when you go back to the board, it won't update the recent post, # of posts, etc. until you refresh. It's not breaking, but it's something I see being really irritating for a user frequently using the site.

Thanks in advance,
K'sariya
Quote:X-Endurance-Cache-Level: 2
disable Endurance Page cache completely (& clear your browser cache) and check
(there should be a related setting at your webhost control panel)
(2018-12-13, 03:51 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:X-Endurance-Cache-Level: 2
disable Endurance Page cache completely (& clear your browser cache) and check
(there should be a related setting at your webhost control panel)

Thank you for your help. Do you mind clarifying where this setting is found? I tried rooting around for it and can't find anything. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. 

Out of curiosity, where did you find that info? New to myBB, and would like to get a little better at debugging it. 

Additionally, my host has cPanel. A search didn't yield anything in terms of a related setting. Sorry for the trouble!
that cache might be set through .htaccess file

checked Response Headers of given URL. it says
Quote:Cache-Control: max-age=7200
Expires: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 08:21:28 GMT
X-Endurance-Cache-Level: 2
(2018-12-13, 06:27 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]that cache might be set through .htaccess file

Finding & removing this worked perfectly! Thank you for finding the problem, and thank you for showing me how to notice & fix it in the future. Appreciate you!

For anyone else, I found this setting in the .htaccess file of my public_html. Removing the line of code fixed the problem immediately after clearing my cache.

(2018-12-13, 06:27 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]that cache might be set through .htaccess file

Oh, small problem.

I was adjusting my cookie settings as per this help page when I was having problems logging out, and this issue has returned. I checked the response headers, but the only cache-related thing in it is "Cache-Control: max-age=7200". Do you see anything else that could be causing the issue? 

If not, no worries, I can ask my host to make sure something wasn't change/re-enabled without my notice.