MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MD5 PASSWORDS REMOVING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to remove the password encryption feature. I tried with this method: https://hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4672196 but it only works on Mybb 1.6 and i'm on 1.8. How i need to edit "functions_user.php" and "user.php" just to create clear passwords? Thanks and srry for bad eng.
Ok and, uh, why do you need to decrypt your passwords so that people have plaintext passwords?
(2018-12-15, 01:44 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Ok and, uh, why do you need to decrypt your passwords so that people have plaintext passwords?

I'm coding an external software that guarantees login by checking the passwords stored in the db and i need them to be in plaintex.

And. I don't want to decrypt them i want to remove the hash feature for the FUTURE users. Thanks.
(2018-12-15, 01:46 AM)mike99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-15, 01:44 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Ok and, uh, why do you need to decrypt your passwords so that people have plaintext passwords?

I'm coding an external software that guarantees login by checking the passwords stored in the db and i need them to be in plaintex.

And. I don't want to decrypt them i want to remove the hash feature for the FUTURE users. Thanks.

You do know that you can run a hash check, right?

Do you intend to tell your users that their passwords are being stored in plaintext? I'd want to know.
(2018-12-15, 04:52 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-15, 01:46 AM)mike99 Wrote: [ -> ]

You do know that you can run a hash check, right?

Do you intend to tell your users that their passwords are being stored in plaintext? I'd want to know.
yes i already maid a disclaimer that pop-up during the registration process.
are u looking for a vb.net app that will login a user from mybbsite on exe

referring to form1.vb code

https://community.mybb.com/thread-211932.html
No no i'm looking for an edit to remove the md5 hashing feature
(2018-12-15, 03:09 PM)mike99 Wrote: [ -> ]No no i'm looking for an edit to remove the md5 hashing feature

Good decision. Confirm me if you wanna use 'password_hash()' instead and I can try writing a backward compatible tutorial.