MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorization code mismatch when using external program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there!
Before i begin to explain my issue i just wanted to inform you i have been searching on this and other forums and was unable to find a fix therefor I'm now posting here, hoping to find a fix Smile

I'm trying to use a external program to login to my forum (Since I'm building a client for my community) but whenever i try to get the client to login i run into the error "Authorization code mismatch" even just doing a post request via postman gives me this error.

(Logging in via the forum itself works without issues)
Running MyBB version 1.8.19

Now i was wondering how am i supose to get the missing post key when using a external POST request? Smile
I don't think you can do it from an external script without including mybb files. The post key is required for login.
(2018-12-18, 10:46 AM)chack1172 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you can do it from an external script without including mybb files. The post key is required for login.
If that's the case i wont be using myBB i guess.. Since that is a huge limitation for all forms of client software that needs to connect up with the forum CMS.
You can write an additional php page in mybb that allow login without post key.