MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users accessing others accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem that may be a security problem on myBB 1.8.5.

We have received several reports from people who randomly end up in other people's accounts.

[Image: lB9ikHe.jpg]

We have not yet figured out why this happens, and may pose a danger to the forum's security because some of these reports are that users are running out of administrator accounts

The system information is attached.

[Image: TlkT1RY.png]
#Description of image#

MyBB and statistics of server

MyBB version   =   1.8.5
PHP version     =   7.0.33
SQL motor        =   MySQLi 5.6.41
Server load       =   0.51

#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.
(2018-12-22, 04:46 PM)PlinioFabrycio Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem that may be a security problem on myBB 1.8.5.

We have received several reports from people who randomly end up in other people's accounts.

[Image: lB9ikHe.jpg]

We have not yet figured out why this happens, and may pose a danger to the forum's security because some of these reports are that users are running out of administrator accounts

The system information is attached.

[Image: TlkT1RY.png]
#Description of image#

MyBB and statistics of server

MyBB version   =   1.8.5
PHP version     =   7.0.33
SQL motor        =   MySQLi 5.6.41
Server load       =   0.51

#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you.

First... seriously, you need to do this...

Upgrade your MyBB version to 1.8.19

That will take care of many security issues, possibly addressing the user account issues.

I would do this FIRST then test the website and report back to us any problems. 

Download the FULL MyBB 1.8.19 package HERE.

This is the best and safest way to upgrade your website.
(2018-12-22, 04:46 PM)PlinioFabrycio Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem that may be a security problem on myBB 1.8.5.

[color=#212121][size=small][font=arial, sans-serif][size=xx-small][size=medium][font=arial, sans-serif]We have received

Its a cache problem. I've experienced the same and solved it.