MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there any license fee or renewal fees to use MyBB ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using SMF forum on my School's website. They asked me to change the forum what looks great in graphics. I looked for XenForo, I liked that and school administrator also liked that. But when I tried to download that script they told me it is paid and there is a license fees. What about MyBB??
(2018-12-23, 10:37 PM)SadiaAfzaal Wrote: [ -> ]I am using SMF forum on my School's website. They asked me to change the forum what looks great in graphics. I looked for XenForo, I liked that and school administrator also liked that. But when I tried to download that script they told me it is paid and there is a license fees. What about MyBB??

No, MyBB is 100% free.

Look at this WEBPAGE for more info.
Okay, thank you. 

In SMF to add new features in the forum we need to install "MODS". What we call that script in MyBB??? Is it Mod or something else? And what about the license fees of MyBB mods? Mods are also free or is there any fee for mods? 

Like there is Simple Portal mod in SMF which is used to add sidebar widgets and other widgets like shoutbox. Or, there is an option to login via social profiles like Facebook, Twitter etc.... So these features are free in MyBB??? Also the URL rewriting, in SMF, it is called Pretty URLs. All these features are free to add?

Also tell me about the themes for MyBB... Free or Fees?
(2018-12-23, 11:14 PM)SadiaAfzaal Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thank you. 

In SMF to add new features in the forum we need to install "MODS". What we call that script in MyBB??? Is it Mod or something else? And what about the license fees of MyBB mods? Mods are also free or is there any fee for mods? 

Like there is Simple Portal mod in SMF which is used to add sidebar widgets and other widgets like shoutbox. Or, there is an option to login via social profiles like Facebook, Twitter etc.... So these features are free in MyBB??? Also the URL rewriting, in SMF, it is called Pretty URLs. All these features are free to add?

Also tell me about the themes for MyBB... Free or Fees?

Everything in the Extend Section is 100% free. Plugins, themes and other items are free.

Be aware that if you want extra features and changes in the programs or themes, you may have to pay the author a fee of some kind. 
Most are pretty cheap.

Go look at the EXTEND Section and look around for plugins and themes for you to choose from.

Also, look at the documentation at Documentation Section on how to install and maintain MyBB.