MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Filing system?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i uploaded mybb andthen a theme.  The theme shows up but none of the images do.  I used the exact file path of the image.  Ive also tried reinstalling everything.  I have a feeling im not setting up the file system correctly.  If theres anybody bored enough to take a look and give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated.
i
Are you 100% sure you used the right path? What path did you use?
I used /images/blah.png

I even moved the image to the root directory and tried it from there with no luck. This is really driving me ctrazy

Ok so theres an image folder in the inc directory. is that the /images it suposed to be in.
path --> images/blah.png (no slash at the beginning)
Man this is so frustrating. Nomatter what i do. Images just wont show up. Even when i type the url to the image in my browser i get a 404. the only way i can see them in my browser is if i use the ftp url but that needs a password. Im kinda racing against time. i have 4 hours left to get this functioning properly or i lose a bet. I hate losing. Somone help me get this working. my brain is fried.
URL to website
URL to image that you're after
Class name you're using, in which CSS file?

I'll take a look.
thank you and its a mess. Im going to sit down and learn this as soon as this bets over. lol. url=offensive.epizy.com/mybb
image url= /htdocs/mybb/images
global.css
(2018-12-27, 10:11 AM)r0k Wrote: [ -> ]image url= /htdocs/mybb/images

Ah, here's your problem.

/htdocs/mybb/images would be the correct path to a file. But you also need to specify the file. Would end in .jpg, .png etc.

/htdocs is your document root. Not / as you think it is.
I tried every combanation possible. Nothing would make it show.
(2018-12-27, 10:23 AM)r0k Wrote: [ -> ]I tried every combanation possible.  Nothing would make it show.

Well, since I can't even locate a /htdocs path in your global.css file, I can't even tell what you're trying to display.
Pages: 1 2