MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Server down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I m sorry if this post is not were it is supposed to be, I searched but don t think I can find the appropreate subforum...

I am the administrator of http://www.vinejo.freebb.be.
This is the Flemish wineforum.
Since yesterday, the forum can not be reached anymore.
We have 700 members and I keep receiving mails from contributors who are in panic that they might have lost all their posts.
Can somebody here eventually help me please?
At the Belgian helpdesk I cannot get an answer…
Thank you very much!
Jo
The issue looks to be hosting related. You'll need to get in contact with your hosting provider to find out the what's going on, also did you made any backups?
(2018-12-29, 09:34 PM)M0xB9 Wrote: [ -> ]The issue looks to be hosting related. You'll need to get in contact with your hosting provider to find out the what's going on, also did you made any backups?

Thank you for your reaction. I feel less alone ;-)
Problem is, I made this forum in 2009 at the platform of Freebb.be, powered by Mybb.
When I had a question I could sent it via the site, but this site is also down now.
So I don t know who I have to contact now...
I do have an email adress,support@freebb, but I get no answer there (and in the past it was only used to report that there was an answer on the “ticket” that I posted via the site.)
I have asked several times for direct contact but they answered that this was really not necessary..
So now I don t really know who to contact...
Is there any possibility to know who is the owner of www.freebb.be?

Thank you anyway,

Jo
Well my guess is they closed down unfortunately seeing the official website is down. Judging by the name was it free hosting?
Yes it was free hosting.
But can they just close it down after 9 years?
There are 84.000 posts on more than 5000 discussions...
It's free, so yes they can do whatever they'd like. You should have made a backup within those 9 years or switched over to a real paid host.
That s why I hope that maybe someone from the MyBB team can help me...
If you have no backups, even Jesus himself can't help you... sorry.
I remember sometimes trying to back up via the forum but this didn t work.
I m not a computer geek..  
But maybe someone knows how to reach the people that started freebb.be?
An email adres would help a lot...
(2018-12-29, 10:54 PM)Vinejo Wrote: [ -> ]I remember sometimes trying to back up via the forum but this didn t work.
I m not a computer geek..  
But maybe someone knows how to reach the people that started freebb.be?
An email adres would help a lot...

Sorry, if the website is shut down... it's gone forever.

Just start over. There is no point of wasting your time trying to find people who do not want to be found.

Move on.
Pages: 1 2