MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb 3 to mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying to do the merge. So, I installed mybb, uploaded the gzip file in to the server and then uploaded the merger.

I ran the merger, put everything that is asked like my old DB name, username etc. First two steps were swiftly done then in the third step which is 'Users' its stuck. Its saying under SQL Error : 
1054 - Unknown column 'aim' in 'field list'

and another Query: 'saying different things.'

Now how to resolve this?

You guys should know that I don't know nothing about programming. I just got here by just following the instructions from mybb. Please help and also I am looking for paid themes. So, I don't have to manage them.

But that's for later, now please help me in this matter.
please see similar problem & fix here
[obviously you have to work with file(s) in phpBB3 subfolder of Merge system]

you can comment out suggested lines in 2 files

~/merge/boards/phpbb3/users.php (line 100)
$insert_data['aim'] = $data['user_aim'];

~/merge/resources/modules/users.php (line 38)
'aim' => '',
(2018-12-31, 10:23 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]please see similar problem & fix here
[obviously you have to work with file(s) in phpBB3 subfolder of Merge system]

you can comment out suggested lines in 2 files

~/merge/boards/phpbb3/users.php (line 100)
$insert_data['aim'] = $data['user_aim'];

~/merge/resources/modules/users.php (line 38)
'aim' => '',

Ok after editing these codes. I should upload them and then resume the merge. And also I didn't understand what do you mean by comment out? Does it mean delete it?
^ yes, you have to use modified files.
either delete those lines or use comment tags for the lines (add // at the beginning of line)
(2018-12-31, 11:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ yes, you have to use modified files.
either delete those lines or use comment tags for the lines (add // at the beginning of line)

Okay done it. But its stuck or slow I don't get it. Its been like this for 15 minutes.

Check the image. https://ibb.co/h9RC9qs

Okay I have successfully merged but my actual forum has about 24 k posts and in this merged forums its only saying 20k posts. How to fix it?

I have recounted through the Admin panel.

Okay I have successfully merged but my actual forum has about 24 k posts and in this merged forums its only saying 20k posts. How to fix it?

I have recounted through the Admin panel.

I read some articles here.

And I rebuild the cache and then I recounted.

Now its showing 28k posts but my original forum had 24k. Are there duplicate copies?
(2018-12-31, 12:43 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]Now its showing 28k posts but my original forum had 24k. Are there duplicate copies?

As I said earlier there are duplicate posts. Is there anything I can do to get rid of them?