MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing colour of links ONLY in posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

Been searching for the code in my theme that refers to the link colours ('normal links') that appear in normal mode (not clicked upon nor hovered over). I thought it was the 2 alternating rows... but I figured... is there a code that only refers to this? Because I only want links in posts to be a bit highlighted (to clarify links a bit more), and not anywhere else.

Cheers and thanks in advance,
-MV
Edit the post template to include a custom class, and use that custom class to set the attributes differently. Make sure to use the !important specifier though. ie:

.class a:link {
color:#000000 !important; }
PHP_Paul Wrote:Edit the post template to include a custom class, and use that custom class to set the attributes differently. Make sure to use the !important specifier though. ie:

.class a:link {

I'm a pretty big noob at such things, and hence can understand about half what you've said.

What template is it exactly?
What's a custom class?

Cheers for any further help,
-MV
Go to:
ACP -> Themes -> Modify / Delete -> *Your Theme* -> Edit Theme Style -> Go"

And put:
.apost a:link {
In the Additional CSS box at the bottom of the page.

Then go to:
ACP -> Themplates -> Modify / Delete -> *Your Template* -> Expand -> Post Bit Templates -> Expand -> postbit"

Then find:
<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
<p>
{$post['message']}
</p>
</div>

And replace it with:
<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="apost">
<p>
{$post['message']}
</p>
</div>
You could also assign the class directly to the paragraph tag. It'd be better than assigning a class AND id to a div.
ok thanks.

It worked. Smile
Wait, it didn't work after all. Sad

Quote:<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="apost">
<p>
{$post['message']}
</p>
</div>

and

Quote:.apost a:link
{
color:#ABABAB !important;