MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Donators Role on Discord
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would love to see a Donators group on the discord server for no other reason to feel a little special about donating to the MyBB Project.

Separately as a possibility you guys could add a Donator Support chat on the Discord. This would be for donators to get a more semi-premium type support directly from the staff team. 

There ideas are coming from a 8 year plus user of MyBB.
(2019-01-01, 03:22 AM)SmG Cloud Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to see a Donators group on the discord server for no other reason to feel a little special about donating to the MyBB Project.

Separately as a possibility you guys could add a Donator Support chat on the Discord. This would be for donators to get a more semi-premium type support directly from the staff team. 

There ideas are coming from a 8 year plus user of MyBB.

I have my doubts that this idea will become reality.

Why?

The development team of MyBB works on the coding of MyBB on a volunteer basis. 

How would this "semi-premium" support work? 

All of the people who did not donate for this "semi-premium" will get very limited support and that defeats the purpose of MyBB.
I remember from an old thread that MyBB does not want to prioritize support. Not sure whether it has changed.
(2019-01-01, 02:40 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]I remember from an old thread that MyBB does not want to prioritize support. Not sure whether it has changed.

Nothing has changed.

There have been a number of threads for a long time asking for "premium support" and the replies are the same... "No, we will not do it."
I don't know how to support in a controlled manner and I can't remember I have the solution and any of our members is troubled with a problem and I remained silent. I believe nobody does that. Even our general members often take a step ahead to support others.

If prioritize support means leaving involvements and personal business we need to stay online for providing support for an OSS - I doubt its gonna work.
While we don't provide prioritized support for numerous reasons (the R/S/J section is a good place to look for paid services), we've recently changed the Forums & Discord listing to include a Lounge section, currently available to Big Board Owners and Contributors - if you are donating through OpenCollective and have accounts here or Discord, feel free to contact us and you'll get set up with access as well.
Regarding reasons for not providing prioritised support, the main one is that we don't want to lock off visibility of support threads and resolutions from the public who might also face similar problems and could be helped by simply reading another user's support thread rather than creating their own.