MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Convert from IPB 4.1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I am trying to save a forum that the owner doesnt want to pay for any more..I love my baby and want to take over the forum but theirs is in IPB 4.1.1. is there a converter for IPB 4.1.1 to mybb?
(2019-01-03, 03:35 AM)JukEboX Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,

I am trying to save a forum that the owner doesnt want to pay for any more..I love my baby and want to take over the forum but theirs is in IDS 4.1.1. is there a converter for IDS 4.1.1 to mybb?

What is IDS? Never heard of that one.
Invision Forums
(2019-01-05, 03:17 PM)JukEboX Wrote: [ -> ]Invision Forums

Oh... it's 'IPS', not 'IDS'.

Fix your thread title so it makes more sense.
Getting this error when I try to setup the database configuration

Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

The Invision Power Board 4 database could not be found in 'dodscomp_PJOld'. Please ensure Invision Power Board 4 exists at this database and with this table prefix.
Once the above are corrected, continue with the conversion.

I mean if you check the screen shots I have in there what I need.

Here is the DB with the tables:
[attachment=41408]

And the error I am getting.
[attachment=41409]

Ideas?
A bit off topic. Why can't you stay with IPB 4.1 ?
Its not my forum. I am getting it from someone and I can't afford IPB
https://mybb.com/download/merge-system/

The merge system seems to not support that IPB version.

What you might try to do is convert it to another system then convert to MyBB.

But the error you get is weird. Are you trying to do this on your local computer? Are you sure you have the DB information correct? Instead of localhost try 127.0.0.1 for an IP.

You just might need some help to make it work if you're not an experienced webmaster.