MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sidebar Customiztion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I followed this post https://community.mybb.com/thread-189152-page-2.html and added a sidebar to my forum.

So, how can I add my own boxes in it say a facbook like button or even adsense ads?

And also I am seeing the sidebar prevails all the way to the bottom. Is there any customization that I can do to make it from top to the point where board statistics starts. I am also using "ChangUonDyU - Advanced Statistics " so can I make it take the entire top position which is now shrinked due to the sidebar.
The % based div days are gone. It is a problem to keep % properly. Thats why its going at bottom.
Solutions might be use a little decreased % value (24% instead of 25%) for floated items to provide playgrounds to margins and paddings but the best and recommended way to achieve this flawless is using CSS Grid or Flex.
But I don't know CSS or any other languages.
Perhaps you should try Advanced Sidebox?
(2019-01-04, 06:18 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps you should try Advanced Sidebox?

I going to surely check these out.
(2019-01-05, 04:42 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-04, 06:18 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps you should try Advanced Sidebox?

Advanced Sidebox is great.

Be aware that not all themes play well with Advanced Sidebox.
(2019-01-05, 08:35 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

I have been trying to use it. But it seems that I can't increase the width of the right sidebar (I haven't uploaded a left siedbar). I have tried changing it through the Manage script increasing the width from 160 to 200.
(2019-01-05, 12:20 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-05, 08:35 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

I have been trying to use it. But it seems that I can't increase the width of the right sidebar (I haven't uploaded a left siedbar). I have tried changing it through the Manage script increasing the width from 160 to 200.

Did you make sure you SAVED the settings? If NOT, then it will not work. 

You MUST save all settings after every change in Advanced Sidebox. (click on the word 'Go')

Follow this screenshot.

[Image: 3bd838d1e4b5eac80d8e586f06f7d1ac.png]
So I made them 200 and then I clicked at the side and selected 'Update Width' then Go.

But the widths are still the same.

Sorry, had to post again. The difference was too small so I didn't recognised at the first, sorry to bother you guys. Thanks.
(2019-01-05, 03:03 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]So I made them 200 and then I clicked at the side and selected 'Update Width'  then Go.

But the widths are still the same.

Sorry, had to post again. The difference was too small so I didn't recognised at the first, sorry to bother you guys. Thanks.

Don't apologize for updating us.

Sometimes you have to experiment a little to get the desired result that you want.

Good to see it works for you now.
Pages: 1 2