MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread view count not increasing after upgrading from 1.8.12 to 1.8.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgrade my forum from 1.8.12 to 1.8.19 and now thread view count is stuck. Tried the following but no luck:

1. "Delayed Thread View Updates" is set to Off
  2. Did "Recount & Rebuild"
  3. Went into "Task Manager" and ran all tasks

Please check.

EDIT
Found the plugin Shows Avatar on Threadlist and Forumlist which is causing this. Deactivating this plugin fixed the issue BUT when I try to reactivate, got following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right 
syntax to use near 'rows FROM mybb_settinggroups' at line 1
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) as rows FROM mybb_settinggroups

This query is working fine in MySQL 5.5 but not in MySQL 8.0. Following rewrite of query will fix the issue but I am unable to find the PHP file where I need to edit this query.

Quote:SELECT COUNT(*) as rows FROM mybb_settinggroups

Or may be there is a setting in MySQL 8.0 to make it behave like MySQL 5.5 in this case?

EDIT

Ok I found the query which is defined in /plugins/avatarep.php file but after I edited this file and went back to activate the plugin, now mybb is saying that "Plugin disabled" in red color. Even though the plugin is now activated but it says "Plugin disabled" besides it and that view count problem has appeared again. Now what?

FINAL EDIT

Installing latest version of plugin fixed the issue.