MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Amnesia - force friendly redirect page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have friendly redirect pages disabled in Configuration. How do I force the friendly redirect page that comes with the plugin Amnesia so old posters will understand what they are supposed to do when the Privacy Policy shows up when I have installed and activated Amnesia?
(2019-01-05, 10:51 PM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]I have friendly redirect pages disabled in Configuration. How do I force the friendly redirect page that comes with the plugin Amnesia so old posters will understand what they are supposed to do when the Privacy Policy shows up when I have installed and activated Amnesia?

I have disabled (around 2 years ago) the Friendly Redirect Page. 

I installed the Amnesia plugin 3-4 months ago and I do recall getting a popup on my Admin account. 

It was a popup window and I clicked on Yes or I Agree (can't remember which) and I have not seen that popup since then.

Other users have mentioned it, so I know it works. No one has complained about the Amnesia popup being intrusive.
(2019-01-05, 11:06 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-05, 10:51 PM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]I have friendly redirect pages disabled in Configuration. How do I force the friendly redirect page that comes with the plugin Amnesia so old posters will understand what they are supposed to do when the Privacy Policy shows up when I have installed and activated Amnesia?

I have disabled (around 2 years ago) the Friendly Redirect Page. 

I installed the Amnesia plugin 3-4 months ago and I do recall getting a popup on my Admin account. 

It was a popup window and I clicked on Yes or I Agree (can't remember which) and I have not seen that popup since then.

Other users have mentioned it, so I know it works. No one has complained about the Amnesia popup being intrusive.

Oh, I'm definitely not complaining about the popup, I want it! It just isn't showing up, and I figured the reason was that I had disabled friendly redirect pages. When I enable friendly redirect pages the popup shows up, when I disable them it doesn't. That's why I wondered how to force a specific friendly redirect page, ie the popup, to show even though others are disabled.
(2019-01-06, 12:33 AM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]This change should help: https://github.com/kawaii/mybb-amnesia/c...5c1d09ac0b

Thanks! It's working on my wamp server now, but still not on my online forum. There must be some other issue going on as well, as on my wamp forum without your changes at least the Privacy Policy showed up, but on my online forum without your changes not even the Privacy Policy shows up.

So the problem with the friendly redirect pages is solved, but there's still some bug going on on my online forum...

OK, I figured out what was causing the second issue I was having with the Amnesia plugin. In the setting "Erasure" I chose "Disabled" and apparently this disables the entire plugin. ???? As soon as I choose another setting there, the plugin works fine. Are you not supposed to be able to use the plugin without the Erasure feature?