MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to limit title length in breadcrumb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do I create a limit title on a breadcrumb like this?
You can modify _generate_breadcrumb() method in page class and limit the length of $crumb['name']
Or you can use jQuery.

I am not aware of your programming knowledge and whether this much information is sufficient or you need further guidance.
(2019-01-09, 07:28 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]You can modify _generate_breadcrumb() method in page class and limit the length of $crumb['name']
Or you can use jQuery.

I am not aware of your programming knowledge and whether this much information is sufficient or you need further guidance.

I need more detailed instructions because I can't use a programming language.
(2019-01-09, 07:28 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]You can modify _generate_breadcrumb() method in page class and limit the length of $crumb['name']
Or you can use jQuery.

Or...

He/She can use the Advanced Sidebox plugin and define the length of the thread title to whatever he/she wants and it will end in an ellipsis. 

I think a few other "Latest Threads" sideboxes will do the same thing as well.
(2019-01-09, 12:25 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
Or you can use jQuery.

Or...

He/She can use the Advanced Sidebox plugin and define the length of the thread title to whatever he/she wants and it will end in an ellipsis. 

can't it be done without using a plugin?
(2019-01-10, 02:25 AM)Kygo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-09, 12:25 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
Or you can use jQuery.

Or...

can't it be done without using a plugin?

Maybe, but you have to know coding/programming in order to modify the code to your liking.