MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Administrator Activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a faster way to approve members than selecting one and using "Activate"?
let the users do it with there own email

would be easyer only use the admin Activation if you have spam problem on your site

hope this of help
Yeah we've been having spam attacks from a rival board. =\

And is there a way to do both? E-Mail Validation & Admin Activation?
1) Set the "Registration Method" setting to "Email Validation"
2) Remove posting permissions from the Registered usergroup.
3) Create a new usergroup and name it something like "Approved" with the permissions for normal users.

What basically should happen is that when a user registers they will be placed in the Awaiting Activation group as normal. When they validate their email, they will be moved into the Registered usergroup. Then you manually change the user's usergroup from Registered to Approved so that they can have full member permissions.
Oh... That's actually a great idea... except that we have over 600 people now and moving everyone over from registered to approved would take a life time lol

Oh well... perhaps in future MyBB versions Smile?
If you can get the GID for the registered group and the GID for the new group, you can move them in one go with a MySQL query.
Oh SQL Query...
Will think about it, thanks.

I'm having another issue, some members seem to be registering with 127.0.0.1

How can I counter these IP spoofings besides just banning?
Does this happen with everybody, or just some users?
Just a few. Two that doesn't appear to be trouble makers that have been members for a while. I didn't catch them right away because I let them validate themselves by E-Mail. Just yesterday I caught some offending username registrations and they were spoofing their IP that way.