MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: member.php(2584) : eval()'d code on line 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey so my forum's member profile is blank and I checked error log and I got this

HP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting '-' or identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /home/snipper/public_html/member.php(2584) : eval()'d code on line 2

any help?
You can check the line to find out the issue.
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur....php#L2584

I would say that you edited your member_profile_online template incorrectly, either directly or indirectly by a activating a plugin. But only you would know for sure.
(2019-01-11, 07:00 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]You can check the line to find out the issue.
https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur....php#L2584

I would say that you edited your member_profile_online template incorrectly, either directly or indirectly by a activating a plugin. But only you would know for sure.

member_profile_online is unedited
<a href="online.php"><span class="online" style="font-weight: bold;">{$lang->postbit_status_online}</span></a> ({$location} @ {$location_time})
check member_profile_reputation template - is that also unchanged ?
(2019-01-12, 06:02 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]check member_profile_reputation template - is that also unchanged ?

<a href="reputation.php?uid={$memprofile['uid']}"><if $memprofile['uid'] == 1 then> <strong class="reputation_positive">Infinite?</strong> <else> {$reputation} </if> </a>
^ is template conditionals plugin installed & activated ?
I did that and this happened
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '' (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE), expecting '-' or identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING) in /home//public_html/member.php(2575) : eval()'d code on line 2
The message is clearly telling you where to find the error (file and line) but it doesn't seem like you are actually opening the file to share with us your findings. You are not helping yourself out, at all.

Try to help you out a little, open the file, find the line, search for the template that it is telling you in that line (my guess is that that line is a template being eval'd). Then somebody might be able to help you.
@MsPeppermint , exactly which version of MyBB you are using ?
have you modified member.php file for any purpose ?
(2019-01-17, 08:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]@MsPeppermint , exactly which version of MyBB you are using ?
have you modified member.php file for any purpose ?

just updated to latest