MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook Connect port 443 error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting message about port 443 not being open when trying to install the plugin, however it IS open according to the hosting team.

I'm not on https, is this the reason for the 443 error?
Facebook expects a proper SSL certificate. If you don’t have one - and you’re using the CPanel Self Signed cert, you’re gonna have a bad time.
I understand this. But I'm talking about the error installing the plugin. Port 443 is open, but I'm getting an error from MyBB saying it's not...
If you read it properly, you would have seen a link in the message saying that you can still install the plugin ("you can still install the plugin and give it a try by clicking here") and try it out. Next time please open a thread on my site or in MyFacebook Connect's thread here if you want to receive faster support.
Hi Shade, yes, I saw that link previously. I clicked it...It lead to an SQL error:

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD ()
Use the latest version from GitHub, it fixes an issue with duplicate installs like in your case. Or you can also delete all the "fb" columns from mybb_users using your database manager (likely PhpMyAdmin).
Okay! It's working now. Thanks Shade!