MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vB-Style Logout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Open Template bit: Header
-----------------------------------------
Search:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" 

Add after:
<script type="text/javascript"> <!--
function log_out()
{
ht = document.getElementsByTagName("html");
ht[0].style.filter = "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.BasicImage(grayscale=1)";
if (confirm('Are you sure you want to log out?'))
{
return true;
}
else
{
ht[0].style.filter = "";
return false;
}
}
//--> </script>

Open Template bit: toplinks_admin
Search
>$lang->toplinks_logout</a>

Add Before:
onclick="return log_out()"

Open Template bit: toplinks_member
Search:
>$lang->toplinks_logout</a>

Add Before:
onclick="return log_out()"

Reference: http://forums.invisionize.com/index.php?showtopic=71835
*He can't copyright this code since vBulletin uses the same code. vBulletin also cannot copyright this code as it is a code that doesn't really have distinguishing factors - its too general to copyright.
I've made a few vBulletin themes and what not, but why is everyone attempting to turn MyBB into some spin-off of vBulletin? If you want your site to look and perform that much like vBulletin, then go and buy vBulletin.
How about the money-barrier factor? At $180 for an owned license, it's not exactly cheap.
772pilot Wrote:How about the money-barrier factor? At $180 for an owned license, it's not exactly cheap.

True. But why ruin a perfectly good and outstanding piece of forum software by attempting to make it look like something it's not? vBulletin is vBulletin and MyBB is MyBB.
Quote:I've made a few vBulletin themes and what not

So it's okay for you to do them but no one else?

I agree that other forums skins/themes shouldn't be created, but I don't agree with the attitude "do as I say, not as I do"!
All I don't like about MyBB is the way it has the "Search, Member List, Calender, Help" navigation laid out. I think VB and IPB do a much better job. But other then that, the default of other skins are just plain ugly.
lufbra Wrote:
Quote:I've made a few vBulletin themes and what not

So it's okay for you to do them but no one else?

I agree that other forums skins/themes shouldn't be created, but I don't agree with the attitude "do as I say, not as I do"!

I made actual vBulletin skins for vBulletin. Don't jump to conclusions now..
i need help i can't find Template bit header i found a header but i can't find the code
You have to click the button on the side of it... More than likely it reads "Expand". Then, there you have it.
can can't even find template bit

all i can find close toit is post bit templates
Pages: 1 2 3