MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple options in settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

When I go to change the board settings, I am seeing two of each category?

[Image: mybb.gif]

Is this meant to be like this? If so, what one do I change? LOL

Thanks
LTC
It looks like you refreshed the settings page while installing therefore causing duplicates?

A fresh install will fix this; however, if you do not wish to do this I can provide instructions on how to manually remove the duplicates from phpMyAdmin
Tikitiki Wrote:It looks like you refreshed the settings page while installing therefore causing duplicates?

A fresh install will fix this; however, if you do not wish to do this I can provide instructions on how to manually remove the duplicates from phpMyAdmin

Thank you for giving me the tip with deleting them in phpMyAdmin.

I've done that now and it works.

Thank you for your offer of providing me with instructions, that was most kind :-)
I got the same problem and would like to know how to fix it manually in the admin panel. such as when i get a pm, i get two messages about it at the top of the forum. and i get to sidebox menues next to each other.
Do you have a screenshot or link with the duplicate items you mentioned?
Tikitiki Wrote:It looks like you refreshed the settings page while installing therefore causing duplicates?

can i please get the instructions? I also have this problem.
bump*
Basically you login to your phpMyAdmin and "browse" the mybb_settinggroups table. You should see a list of all the setting groups. Use the checkboxes on the left to select one of each set of duplicates. Before you delete them, make a note of their "gid" (it should be a number) for the ones you selected. Then you can delete them using the buttons at the bottom.

Now run this SQL query:
DELETE * FROM mybb_settings WHERE gid IN (x,y,z)

You need to replace the x,y,z with the "gid" you wrote down earlier. So if you wrote down 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 you would execute this query:
DELETE * FROM mybb_settings WHERE gid IN (1,3,5,7,9,11)