MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Page landing location after "go to new post"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to tweak the page landing location after "go to first unread post" (i.e. when you click "go to first unread post", the screen goes to that thread and scrolls to that "first unread post")

My forum has fixed navbar, and it hides a portion of the post - users then have to scroll back slightly to reveal the whole post.

Any help is appreciated  Smile
(2019-01-15, 10:04 AM)NotAdmin Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to tweak the page landing location after "go to first unread post" (i.e. when you click "go to first unread post", the screen goes to that thread and scrolls to that "first unread post")

My forum has fixed navbar, and it hides a portion of the post - users then have to scroll back slightly to reveal the whole post.

Any help is appreciated  Smile

Are you referring to brand new users on your website? Forcing them to read the "introductory" PM in their PM box?

Or just any user that has not seen this "first unread post"?
No - not even close!

OK - on the threadlist, if you click "Last Post" it takes you to the last post in that thread; the screen scrolls to that post, but after alterations to my templates it scrolls about 10px too far and cuts off part of the post.

I want to tweak where the scrolling lands
forum url is required so that someone can check the referred issue