MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: move mysite.com/forum to mysite.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

i want to move mybb forum to my index page i have copied all data already. what i need else to make it functional ?  Huh
Go to inc/config.php and replace mysite.com/forum with mysite.com
(2019-01-18, 03:40 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Go to inc/config.php and replace mysite.com/forum with mysite.com

thanks for your quick reply. i went to inc/config.php and opened it but couldn't find mysite url

my site is moved to mysite.com but i can not login and i still not deleted old directory mysite.com/forum
You’ll also need to adjust your cookie settings in inc/settings.php
board url & cookie settings should be first changed in ~/inc/settings.php file

And then moved admin panel login should work fine. Again board url & the cookie
settings
should be changed at Site Details page of Configuration section in your
forum admin panel.

Quote:board url => sitename.com
Quote:cookie domain => .sitename.com
Quote:cookie path => /
(2019-01-18, 12:17 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]You’ll also need to adjust your cookie settings in inc/settings.php

yes thank you ... cookies path was /forum/ i deleted it so now my users can login.. i hope there is no more settings to do and no more errors
all set so far
(2019-01-18, 12:55 PM)bobossco Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-18, 12:17 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]You’ll also need to adjust your cookie settings in inc/settings.php

yes thank you ... cookies path was /forum/ i deleted it so now my users can login.. i hope there is no more settings to do and no more errors
all set so far
If your forum is working now, then make sure you have modified URL in admin cp as .m. said.
Also search and replace URL in your theme templates.