MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group Tag colour not showing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I adjusted my user titles. Before adding the titles the default ones were showing in a fine blue box in the Cerise theme. But now they are just blacked. I went to grouptitle.css but I didn't know what to edit. Here is image of what it is showing. https://ibb.co/Gfm1gJ5

The term 'Hyper Active Member' should be in the blue box.

But here is the thing the user titles on administrator and on another group is working fine. Here is the image of that. https://ibb.co/6JZfKFd
What is the code that you added for your usertitles ?
Also this has been asked before and a search can give you result faster Smile
I didn't edit any code I just added the user titles replacing the default ones.
(2019-01-21, 03:04 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]I adjusted my user titles. Before adding the titles the default ones were showing in a fine blue box in the Cerise theme. But now they are just blacked. I went to grouptitle.css but I didn't know what to edit. Here is image of what it is showing. https://ibb.co/Gfm1gJ5

The term 'Hyper Active Member' should be in the blue box.

But here is the thing the user titles on administrator and on another group is working fine. Here is the image of that. https://ibb.co/6JZfKFd

ok, first thing first, please clarify, do you mean group tag or group image because cerise and cerulean have both as you can see by the 2 different stylesheets groupimage.css & grouptitle.css

now, setting up the groupimages are described on the mybb mods page for the themes. I am assuming you are talking about the  grouptag based on your images and that you did mention the phrase group tag in your post. Yes , this has been answered several times in the tutorial and support sections but, lets us see if we can get to helping you sort out this issue.

ok, look at these parts for example:

.grouptag_2:before {
   content: "\f007";
}

.grouptag_2 {
   background: #0072BF;
   border: 1px solid #0072BF;
   color: #ffffff;
}

one controls the font awesome icon ie: ( ".grouptag_2:before" ) in the grouptag and the other the styling (colour), ie: just plain ( ".grouptag_2" ). Ok, the group tag is based on group id # for example so you would need to  copy and modify to reflect the additional added group tags so for example you would copy say #2 and change to whatever your new # is. Hopefully that makes sense.

Also note: if you are using the group images as well those will need to have the added additional usergroups added to that specific stylesheet as well but that is not the subject you asked for so I will answer that only to give you a rough idea of that process as well.

For example in groupimage.css each group image needs something like this:

div.team_usergroup_2 {
    color: #0072BF;
    border-color: #0072BF;
    vertical-align: middle;
    padding-top: 2px;
    font-weight: 600;
}

div.team_usergroup_2 icon {
    color: #0072BF;
    padding-right: 5px;
} 

the #2 is already existing and I only show it for example so that you get a rough idea of what sort of thing you need to add for new usergroups added.

then you go into usergroup and add this to the groupimage  for example:

<icon class="fa fa-user"></icon><i>registered</i>

* now primarily you will need to change #2 and "registered" to your new group # and name in what you copied to reflect the new additions

As you can see the processes are similar but slightly different hence the describing of both processes.
My grouptitle.css has this

.grouptag {
   display: inline-block;
   padding: 3px 5px;
   border-radius: 3px;
   font-family: "FontAwesome";
}

.grouptag_4:before {
   content: "\f013";
}

.grouptag_6:before {
   content: "\f0e3";
}

.grouptag_3:before {
}

}

.grouptag_4 {
   border: 1px solid #008000;
   background: #008000;
}

.grouptag_6 {
   background: #CC00CC;
   border: 1px solid #CC00CC;
}

.grouptag_3 {
}

.grouptag_2 {
}

As you can see along with group 2 (where the blue colour box is present ) the other groups and their respective colours are also present. I haven't done any editing.

Okay, Sir so I checked via my browsers Inspect element. Every group is saying "grouptag_9" except the 'Rookie Member' group which is showing 'grouptag_2', so this group coloured box is only working. How should I fix it for the rest of the groups?
(2019-01-22, 09:35 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]My grouptitle.css has this

.grouptag {
   display: inline-block;
   padding: 3px 5px;
   border-radius: 3px;
   font-family: "FontAwesome";
}

.grouptag_4:before {
   content: "\f013";
}

.grouptag_6:before {
}

.grouptag_3:before {
}

}

.grouptag_4 {
   border: 1px solid #008000;
   background: #008000;
}

.grouptag_6 {
}

.grouptag_3 {
}

.grouptag_2 {
}

As you can see along with group 2 (where the blue colour box is present ) the other groups and their respective colours are also present. I haven't done any editing.

Okay, Sir so I checked via my browsers Inspect element. Every group is saying "grouptag_9" except the 'Rookie Member' group which is showing 'grouptag_2', so this group coloured box is only working. How should I fix it for the rest of the gr

Have you defined the new usergroups that you added as mentioned before because any new additions would have to be defined via css?  Now, you mention something about group 9, is that defined? if not then of course it wont display for group 9 or what not.

example:

.grouptag_9:before {
}

.grouptag_9 {
}

Now, you can keep adding to this by adding additional "gids" to the css.

MyBB default "gids" are: ( * as  you can see no #9 so that is obviously a custom id you added and must be defined. )

[ 1 ] _ Guests
 [ 2 ] _ Registered
 [ 3 ] _ Super Moderators
 [ 4 ] _ Administrators
 [ 5 ] _ Awaiting Activation
 [ 6 ] _ Moderators
 [ 7 ] _ Banned

And same can be done by further adding your non default "gids" to the css.

If you are having a hard time figuring out all your gids you can download getgroups.php attached below and upload it to your forum root directory and visit it by "forum/getgroups.php" and it will display all of your currrent gids by number and name.

[attachment=41477]
Hello there, since my all other groups are using the number 9 so I just added your grouptag_9 code. And now all the coloured boxes are back. I don't mind all types of boxes being blue so its a win.

Thanks VintageDaddyo couldn't have done without you.