MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating A New User Error Message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running the following:
MyBB 1.8.19
PHP 7.2.14
nginx 1.15.8
MYSQLi 10.2.21

I have never encountered this issue until today.

I was in my AdminCP in the Users & Groups section in the Create New User option.

Does anyone have any idea why I am getting this error AFTER I clicked on Save when creating a new user?

Is there a way to fix this?

Look at the screenshot.

[Image: 47b06ec10b01844c02b1526b77dac591.png]
Because the author of the MyAchievements plugin doesn't know how to SQL.

A table marked NOT NULL must always have a value; since you're not adding a value, MySQL attempts to insert the default value it has set. Since you don't have a default value set, it'll complain about it.

It's a trivial fix, add a default value to the collumn in your phpMyAdmin (or whatever you're using)
(2019-01-22, 09:11 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Because the author of the MyAchievements plugin doesn't know how to SQL.

A table marked NOT NULL must always have a value; since you're not adding a value, MySQL attempts to insert the default value it has set. Since you don't have a default value set, it'll complain about it.

It's a trivial fix, add a default value to the collumn in your phpMyAdmin (or whatever you're using)

There's one problem with your assessment, I do not use the MyAchievements plugin. Never have and never will.

I know what the error message suggests, but that plugin does not exist on my website.
(2019-01-22, 12:36 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-22, 09:11 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Because the author of the MyAchievements plugin doesn't know how to SQL.

There's one problem with your assessment, I do not use the MyAchievements plugin. Never have and never will.

I know what the error message suggests, but that plugin does not exist on my website.
Have you ever had it? It can not appear suddenly. You may have installed it for testing purposes and then removed it incorrectly or the version of the plugin that you installed does not make a correct uninstallation.

p.s. Probably you have the same problem also in the registration page, when you try to submit your registration.
(2019-01-22, 12:36 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

A similar plugin? Something to do with achievements?

As far as I know, achievements are not a core part of MyBB. Either way, I’ve told you how to fix it.
If you don't use the plugin the best solution could be to simply drop the column, since it is telling you it does exists.
Since no one has offered the exact command line that I can put in Adminer, the problem still persists.

Keep in mind, I do not have the experience or the knowledge how to do this.
ALTER TABLE mybb_tb1users ALTER myachievements SET DEFAULT 0;