MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have merged my forum phpbb so my database size its pretty big. But here is what I don't understand the total database size through ACP>Tools & Maintenance, its showing around 154 MB. But when I download it in the gzip form its only 8 MB (and extracted 25 MB). I know there will be difference but is it okay for this much difference.

And also how should I check that the entire database is been downloaded to my computer?
gzip is a compression format.

You’d have to extract the archive to check.
(2019-01-23, 04:01 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]gzip is a compression format.

I have extracted it. But how should I know that its complete and error free.
(2019-01-23, 04:45 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]

You should be able to upload it into a local database installation; try something like WAMP or XAMPP.
(2019-01-23, 06:16 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-23, 04:45 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]

You should be able to upload it into a local database installation; try something like WAMP or XAMPP.

I know how to upload it. I just want to know how to check it easily. When I was in phpbb I used to open the file and scroll down to the bottom checking the last file 'phpbb_zebra'.
Checking it manually is a bad idea. I've had file corrupts happen in the middle of a file that is fine at the end.

You're more likely to find an issue if you import it into MySQL (because it will throw an error) than you are by scrolling down and checking the end file exists. If you upload it, you also know the database backup is verified as working.
I get your point. But in free severs database files are often hard to upload as they have query limit.
(2019-01-23, 08:51 AM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]I get your point. But in free severs database files are often hard to upload as they have query limit.

Then install WAMP/Xampp and upload it to there, it’ll throw the same error as the server, if there is one.