MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help getting default settings back.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made a personal theme and in the process have screwed up my default settings.
Things really went bad after the last upgrade.

The worst problem is that I can't upload attachments using my personal theme.
However, using the default theme I CAN upload attachments - but my default theme is all out of whack looking.

How can I get my forum default back to normal?
(2019-01-23, 07:24 PM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]I made a personal theme and in the process have screwed up my default settings.
Things really went bad after the last upgrade.

The worst problem is that I can't upload attachments using my personal theme.
However, using the default theme I CAN upload attachments - but my default theme is all out of whack looking.

How can I get my forum default back to normal?

Install this THEME and check everything out.

If all is well with this new theme, then delete all of the bad themes, including the default theme.

If you need further assistance with any theme, go to this FORUM.
Thanks.  I tried that theme and it has a problem too - not useable.  
I'll keep working on it and try the theme development forum too.
Did you create a child theme to edit the default templates? if not, you're gonna have a bad time rolling things back.

The way I'd do it is to copy the config files, images and uploads/attachments, reinstall MyBB, then add those back in.
(2019-01-24, 03:36 AM)General_Talos Wrote: [ -> ]Did you create a child theme to edit the default templates? if not, you're gonna have a bad time rolling things back.

The way I'd do it is to copy the config files, images and uploads/attachments, reinstall MyBB, then add those back in.

No, no child theme first - somehow I stupidly damaged the default themes.  And don't know where.  And then performed the version upgrade.  
At first things seemed to work.  But now have discovered problems.

This is what I have tried so far:
1st)  Installed the recommended theme in the above post - have problems with it, so no joy.
2nd) Exported a virgin copy of the default theme on localhost.  Then imported the default.xml them into the forum themes.  No joy.

I'm thinking that a complete "upgrade" install of the forum might solve the problem.
But how to protect against loss - things like attachments, etc?
Okay, I got the attachments to work in my personal theme.
This was an error found in the post_attacments_new template.
The answer was found in this post:  https://community.mybb.com/thread-221083.html