MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can i protect members of one group from being deleted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nope. Another test user bit the dust.
The code I provided works for me inside the ACP using both the single and multi delete options.
Waitaminute .... right. It does work. The users did not get deleted, but i got the status message that deleting was successdul. No error message. OK. Thanks for your help!
Quote:that should not be able to be deleted from ACP

I'm curious about who has access to Users in ACP that deletes members they should not. IMHO you should be more careful about who you provide access and how you instruct your admins.

I've never had an issue and I have groups that should not get deleted. Or are you just worried about an accidentally deletion?
@Labrocca, the pruning task only ignores the admin, mod, and awaiting activation groups. I suppose it could be helpful for example if you have a subscription group which isn't required to post at all.

I think a option may be useful if added along side the super admin checks.
(2019-01-28, 08:06 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:that should not be able to be deleted from ACP

I'm curious about who has access to Users in ACP that deletes members they should not. IMHO you should be more careful about who you provide access and how you instruct your admins.  

I've never had an issue and I have groups that should not get deleted.  Or are you just worried about an accidentally deletion?

Yes. The latter. Mostly I don't trust myself there.

I hadn't even thought of pruning, but that's a good point, too.
Pages: 1 2