MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Download Links Plugins makes it difficult for users to register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone, please can someone recommend me the best and safest way to HIDE DOWNLOAD LINKS FROM GUEST users without plugins. I have tried a few plugins, but they don't seem to work with my site. either they break the forum or show Mysql error when users hit registration button

So far, these are the errors:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1QueryConfusedELECT fid FROM mybbms_threads WHERE tid=
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
The best way I have found to hide content from guests is to use xThreads to add new thread fields.

Other plugins over the years are really bugged, in my experience.

I remember a plugin for MyBB 1.6 which allowed users to insert URLs as attachment, and the attachment system has permissions. Interesting idea, but was bugged as well IIRC.
(2019-01-25, 04:53 AM)kenneth65 Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings everyone, please can someone recommend me the best and safest way to HIDE DOWNLOAD LINKS FROM GUEST users without plugins. I have tried a few plugins, but they don't seem to work with my site. either they break the forum or show Mysql error when users hit registration button

So far, these are the errors:

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1QueryConfusedELECT fid FROM mybbms_threads WHERE tid=
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

My solution ...

You can view in my forum http://nordicnoir.eu/showthread.php?tid=7 as Guest ...
You can just use YourCode (link in my sig) and set permissions for using links.