MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error:1045
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1045 - Access denied for user 'graalerabaza'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES)Query:[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

I connect to my forum and i got this error message How to fix it? pls help xD
looks like database password is incorrect in config.php file
Quote:open ~/inc/config.php file at your MyBB files server and check the entry for $config['database']['password']
If you do not know what needs to be there then contact your host provider
hi, just a quick question.

i am now getting this same error

1045 - Access denied for user 'lexuswor_mybb'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

and i know its my fault but i dont know where to find the file mentioned in the previous reply to correct this, any help would be appriciated
You config file is located at /inc/config.php, you will need to check your database username and password here.
great, so i found that file, thank you Matt, for my forum on the main hosting but i cant find it for the one hosted on the sub domain

i have www.lexus-world.com
and www.forum.lexus-world.com

the forum.lexus-world.com is currently redirected to www.lexus-world.com because it has a very broken forum on it that was well know but i cant find a /inc/config.php for that one
I don't know where the file would be unfortunately as I don't know anything about your file system or server setup. There may be another folder called forum.lexus-world.com but it depends on how it is set up on the server. You may need to ask your host where the files for the site are, and after you've found that you should see the /inc folder.
would it be the same password for both database if the are on the same server and one is the main domain and the other is a sub domain?

(2022-04-28, 04:01 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know where the file would be unfortunately as I don't know anything about your file system or server setup. There may be another folder called forum.lexus-world.com but it depends on how it is set up on the server. You may need to ask your host where the files for the site are, and after you've found that you should see the /inc folder.

i can see all of the files and can find the one for the main forum with what you advised. when i open the file manager for forum.lexus-world it looks the same as it does for the lexus-world and the is a folder called frum.lexus-world but when i expand that there is no /inc folder
(2022-04-28, 04:06 PM)Cheagavara Wrote: [ -> ]would it be the same password for both database if the are on the same server and one is the main domain and the other is a sub domain?

It would depend entirely on how it was set up. The domain and sudomain isn't related to the databases, you would have created databases and maybe different database users and passwords, but we can't tell how it's set up without seeing it.

(2022-04-28, 04:06 PM)Cheagavara Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-04-28, 04:01 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know where the file would be unfortunately as I don't know anything about your file system or server setup. There may be another folder called forum.lexus-world.com but it depends on how it is set up on the server. You may need to ask your host where the files for the site are, and after you've found that you should see the /inc folder.

i can see all of the files and can find the one for the main forum with what you advised. when i open the file manager for forum.lexus-world it looks the same as it does for the lexus-world and the is a folder called frum.lexus-world but when i expand that there is no /inc folder

If there's no /inc folder but it has all the other MyBB files then that's probably why the forum was broken. Again without seeing it's very hard to tell. If you like you can PM me FTP/cPanel login details to see what's there.
cheers Matt, have sent you a PM. looks like the subdomain forum (i should have said it was xenforo ) has the same thing in a file called
/src/config.php which i have now found