MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guest can see the forums which are unchecked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi , 
i was just trying to create a forum which guest or even registered users cant see and for that i made sure i uncheck every single think like can view forum , can view topic , can post etc .. 
Everything was unchecked and i created a forum 

However i was done , i used another browser as a guest and as a registered member as well and in both the cases i was able to see the forum ..

I believe its something basis however a bug in the software .
I can't replicate this. I have noticed, when adding a new section and removing the view permissions for the guests the guest can refresh the page ONCE before the section disappears.

Is this the issue you face?
yes exactly /.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/3617

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
I know forum permissions have always been wonky with 1.8 and I've had to use a ajax refresh in my Recent Threads on Index plugin immediately on page load to prevent showing threads from forums a user doesn't have permission to see.