MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SSL on VPS with DVZ Secure Content - images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on 1.8,.4 on a VPS and have an SSL cert installed in nginx. I have installed the DVZ Secure Content plug-in. 

Everything seems to be working as expected except when someone imbeds a non-sescure image (typically) through the Simple Image Upload plugin or just straight image link. The image does not show up but a link to the image does.

Is there a work around for this?

TIA for any help you can provide.
(2019-02-04, 04:04 PM)bapu Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on 1.8,.4 on a VPS and have an SSL cert installed in nginx. I have installed the DVZ Secure Content plug-in. 

Everything seems to be working as expected except when someone imbeds a non-sescure image (typically) through the Simple Image Upload plugin or just straight image link. The image does not show up but a link to the image does.

First thing... you seriously need to upgrade to MyBB 1.8.19 (or soon to be 1.8.20).

Could this be a database issue? Are you using MariaDB?
(2019-02-04, 08:47 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-04, 04:04 PM)bapu Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on 1.8,.4 on a VPS and have an SSL cert installed in nginx. I have installed the DVZ Secure Content plug-in. 

First thing... you seriously need to upgrade to MyBB 1.8.19 (or soon to be 1.8.20).

Could this be a database issue? Are you using MariaDB?

Sorry for rhe typo, s/b 1.8.14. I do plant to get to 1
8.19 this weekend. 

I am using MySQL db.
There is only one solution, Either you serve those non-secure images over your own proxy or you need to disable non-secure images
(2019-02-05, 04:48 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]There is only one solution, Either you serve those non-secure images over your own proxy or you need to disable non-secure images

Where do I disable non secure imsges?

<edit> Nevermind I see you mean disable the plugin.
(2019-02-05, 04:48 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]you serve those non-secure images over your own proxy

If only I knew how to do that. Sad

I'm very new to nginx (where my SSL Cert is installed).
(2019-02-15, 05:32 PM)bapu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-05, 04:48 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]you serve those non-secure images over your own proxy

If only I knew how to do that. Sad

I'm very new to nginx (where my SSL Cert is installed).

The plugin works with scripts like https://github.com/atmos/camo, but there are also free services: https://community.mybb.com/thread-206338...pid1254693
Thanks, I now have it working.

(2019-02-15, 11:09 PM)bapu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I now have it working.

Well, I thought it was working by using the above settings for images.weserv.nl

The trouble is now secure gifs will not animate.

How do I fix that?