MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avoid duplicated and spun content in new posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every other day I get posts that at a first glance seem like real and legit posts - they are long and related to my subject. However, when I Google the entire posts I often find that the same posts have been posted elsewhere on my forum or on other sites before. Sometimes the posts will just be sentences taken from different sites (seems like they are "spun" together). Anyway - these are fake posts, perhaps for a user to seem like legit users and later insert links into posts, or other reasons, and I want to avoid them since duplicated content is never good for any site. 

So what I was thinking is that it would be great if there was an automatic way for the forum to check for duplicated content in new posts, such as copyscrape.com and other websites do, and then warn me when new posts like that come up. This way I don't manually have to Google very post. Is there any way to do this?
There is spamanalyser (stopforumspam) inbuilt id MyBB, you can find it in admin cp > General settings.
Give it a try.
(2019-02-08, 06:01 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]There is spamanalyser (stopforumspam) inbuilt id MyBB, you can find it in admin cp > General settings.
Give it a try.

I'm using that and I'm sure it blocks a lot of spam, but not all of it. I think a function like I mentioned would really help against spam.