MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb + Xthreads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So recently I was looking at possibly moving one of my IPB sites back to MyBB.

On my test site I'm using a responsive theme, so using some of the Xthread examples was a bit tricky since it used the old MyBB 1.6 table structure. I had to convert it all and it took a while. So far this is what I have:

The site I have is a exchange forum - and Xthreads will work perfectly for the set up I'd like to run.

[attachment=41513]
[attachment=41514]
[attachment=41515]
There is a 1.8 release of XThread on MyBBHacks
(2019-02-13, 04:46 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]There is a 1.8 release of XThread on MyBBHacks

Yeah I managed to track it down on github. Seems like it's working as intended.

So far here is what I've done with it. I am in the process of converting my IPS webmaster forum to mybb and Xthreads is perfect for it

I used minature.io to automatically pull the image of the user website. Currently I'm just using the api call url to do this , but ideally I would like to use the API call - then save the image locally so it doesn't make too many calls. (Maybe someone can make a small plugin for this?) I've also got to do some css fixes.

Marketplace:

[Image: marketplace.jpg]

Showcase Forum (threadview):
[Image: showcase2.jpg]

Showcase Forum (threadlist)
[Image: showcase.jpg]
Nice. Is the marketplace a custom project or is it from mybbhacks?
(2019-02-26, 09:13 PM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Nice. Is the marketplace a custom project or is it from mybbhacks?

I took the examples from MybbHacks and tweaked it to fit my needs. One thing I had to do was make it responsive. It's a work in progress and I am planning on integrating a feedback system.
When I had a website section using XThread I did a similar implementation as you. I just used a website screen capture site. I used the link they provided and placed the URL Custom Thread Input inside of it. It generates an image every time someone posts a thread, it's hosted on another site, and you save server space. If the site discontinues, just find another website screen capture service. If you'd rather host them yourself, that's up to you.
(2019-03-01, 09:18 AM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]When I had a website section using XThread I did a similar implementation as you. I just used a website screen capture site. I used the link they provided and placed the URL Custom Thread Input inside of it. It generates an image every time someone posts a thread, it's hosted on another site, and you save server space. If the site discontinues, just find another website screen capture service. If you'd rather host them yourself, that's up to you.

I'm using https://miniature.io/ for the images. I'd like to have a plugin that can store the images locally