MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quiz System Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a new concept of QUIZ.

I have make from own things and have no idea of what was a quiz before start but someone from the forums requests this so i am working on it so far.

In the video you will see some issues that i have fixed it in the time i make because i have added some features every time i make a record from my screen.

At least all the current things are working, but at the end you can see that i have fixed it and well it is a development project so here you can see the preview of what i have until now Smile

https://goo.gl/BRD5WD

Of course all is a part of mybb, and style customizations will have to get some changes but the most important is the system have to work as have to.

Ok for now this is all Smile

And i have makeAdvanced Referrals for new points aswell like some thread in the forums, but that system was released to the same user who ask for this Smile
I have been thinking about creating my own for my website. If you upload this to GitHub I could make contributions instead of reinventing the wheel.

Good luck nonetheless.
(2019-02-10, 06:25 AM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]This is a new concept of QUIZ.

I have make from own things and have no idea of what was a quiz before start but someone from the forums requests this so i am working on it so far.

In the video you will see some issues that i have fixed it in the time i make because i have added some features every time i make a record from my screen.

At least all the current things are working, but at the end you can see that i have fixed it and well it is a development project so here you can see the preview of what i have until now Smile

https://goo.gl/BRD5WD

Of course all is a part of mybb, and style customizations will have to get some changes but the most important is the system have to work as have to.

Ok for now this is all Smile

And i have makeAdvanced Referrals for new points aswell like some thread in the forums, but that system was released to the same user who ask for this Smile

I love this concept!!

I would like to implement something like this for my next user contest on my website.

A few ideas after watching your video of this plugin.

1. Limit the Quiz to ONE TIME per day per user. (verify by UID? or IP address?) - Prevents abuse to accumulate points = Add this option for the Admin to choose.
2. Different questions per day. Day One - A set of questions, Day Two - Different set of questions and so on. = Admin will input questions/answers for each day. 
3. Is it possible to set the duration of the quiz? 3 days? 7 days? 1 month? and so on.
4. Keep Quiz points separate from NewPoints - Is this possible? This is to prevent abuse to accumulate points by the user who may post useless postings for the purpose of accumulating points. The would be for contest purposes or other admin reason = Add this option for the Admin to choose.

I will keep a watch for this plugin!

This plugin has a lot of potentials!
Yeah it is only a proof of concept for now but at the end i have to recode many parts because right now i am only taking database entries and more so i think can be used in a more renderized way and more usefull.

The limits are only for 30 seconds but i am thinking to add an option to set the time in seconds to wait. And the restrictions are taken by category aswell. Into settings you can selec usergroups who can use it and can allow only once vote per category if you enable then users can only vote once.

Questions and answers are randomized that way you can create many questions and answes and the system will take only the randomized items they got. And answers will be randomized aswell into my tests i can answer it with closes eyes so i have added a randomized items shown haha. That is more nice to users have to select apropiate question and answer, you can see it in video that question and answers never are the same i click on it quickly but i will add it again the select as a value to set 0 and the user will see it.

Duration of quiz for the moment can not be used by time periods due it can create multiple questions and answers and they are randomized so i think it is not necessary but it is thinked for an school in nigeria i think so i need the customer send me details about it and when he gotta it then he paid for the job and we acorded to release it to allow users to contribute the project Smile

And yeah quiz works with own points as you can see it the tale points are truncated when you clean it up to stay at 0. I have added a cache system and more but the end user do not like it so i am re writing and developing as many parts as have to. for now this is the current job but i have some parts writen and maybe i will release it into github the firs version that works better without many requests into database and for me it is more optimized and clean Smile

But yeah it is thinked to be released in the future like the other developments i have it created already Smile
(2019-02-10, 07:41 PM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it is only a proof of concept for now but at the end i have to recode many parts because right now i am only taking database entries and more so i think can be used in a more renderized way and more usefull.

The limits are only for 30 seconds but i am thinking to add an option to set the time in seconds to wait. And the restrictions are taken by category aswell. Into settings you can selec usergroups who can use it and can allow only once vote per category if you enable then users can only vote once.

Questions and answers are randomized that way you can create many questions and answes and the system will take only the randomized items they got. And answers will be randomized aswell into my tests i can answer it with closes eyes so i have added a randomized items shown haha. That is more nice to users have to select apropiate question and answer, you can see it in video that question and answers never are the same i click on it quickly but i will add it again the select as a value to set 0 and the user will see it.

Duration of quiz for the moment can not be used by time periods due it can create multiple questions and answers and they are randomized so i think it is not necessary but it is thinked for an school in nigeria i think so i need the customer send me details about it and when he gotta it then he paid for the job and we acorded to release it to allow users to contribute the project Smile

And yeah quiz works with own points as you can see it the tale points are truncated when you clean it up to stay at 0. I have added a cache system and more but the end user do not like it so i am re writing and developing as many parts as have to. for now this is the current job but i have some parts writen and maybe i will release it into github the firs version that works better without many requests into database and for me it is more optimized and clean Smile

But yeah it is thinked to be released in the future like the other developments i have it created already Smile

Yes, it is a concept, but with a lot of potential to make a popular program that would make a website more exciting.

I look forward in seeing this plugin being released in the future.
One idea:
Usergroup promote quiz.
I have no backup and my hdd was damaged by a light down who brokes my entire mb, hdd and more so this project goes to trash.

I have to start it again but promotions i think make no sense by the current dinamic that is for a school and kids will make the quizes for their knowledge purposes only so it will be not more than needed or requested by the guy who will pay for this project and not anymore sorry. And more because i will have to start it again.

But yeah i will share the code and then you can make any addittions you like and merge prs and more to make it much better Smile
(2019-02-12, 08:37 AM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]I have no backup and my hdd was damaged by a light down who brokes my entire mb, hdd and more so this project goes to trash.

I have to start it again but promotions i think make no sense by the current dinamic that is for a school and kids will make the quizes for their knowledge purposes only so it will be not more than needed or requested by the guy who will pay for this project and not anymore sorry. And more because i will have to start it again.

But yeah i will share the code and then you can make any addittions you like and merge prs and more to make it much better Smile

Sorry about your computer hardware being damaged by lightning.

You should look into backing up your important work on Google Drive. It's free.
(2019-02-12, 08:37 AM)Whiteneo Wrote: [ -> ]so it will be not more than needed or requested by the guy who will pay for this project and not anymore

A quiz plugin could actually be used as a RPG tool to grade users based on their results. Just thinking out of the blue, a naruto rpg style forum could grant ninja ranks based on the result of a quiz.

At least that is what I'm thinking about coding if I ever do.

Quote:It's free.

Not so much.
I have a backup of most important data always but when you don't experience issues in a long time you are not doing this anymore. But this work as the first request and final results i think it must change constantly so maybe it is better to not backup it. And starting again maybe it is a good option but then i will need to analize it and optimize it when i have finished the first part and the end user test it and let me know if is the right one or have to change but for the last week tgat i have worked i know never it's a final version and many changes have to been added so i will go easy and calm to not stress me hahaha.
Pages: 1 2