MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8.19 Smilies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've noticed that the in thread smilies are not working on my board. I've changed it from the current theme to the default theme and it is still not working.

I've disabled all plugins - and still it isn't working. I'm not sure what is going on. I have double checked the settings and it all appears that the smiles should be working , but they're not.

Is there a known issues with them not working in the latest release?
(2019-02-12, 01:43 AM)erich199 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I've noticed that the in thread smilies are not working on my board. I've changed it from the current theme to the default theme and it is still not working.

I've disabled all plugins - and still it isn't working. I'm not sure what is going on. I have double checked the settings and it all appears that the smiles should be working , but they're not.

The path that you have for the smilies, is that correct? Look at the screenshot.

The path can be different from what you see in the screenshot. 

It could be images/500 Smilies/ or images/My Smilies/, depending on where the path is, the path must match where you have put the smilies icons in.

[Image: d66f79fb3026124d8d297ecb0730e66b.png]
(2019-02-12, 02:40 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-12, 01:43 AM)erich199 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

The path that you have for the smilies, is that correct? Look at the screenshot.

The path can be different from what you see in the screenshot. 

It could be images/500 Smilies/ or images/My Smilies/, depending on where the path is, the path must match where you have put the smilies icons in.

Here is what I see - and indeed the files are in this folder

[Image: 7CdONna.jpg]
Hi,

Forum URL? Maybe it's a javascript problem...
(2019-02-12, 12:01 PM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Forum URL? Maybe it's a javascript problem...

mybb.iwebnow.net

I'm not sure since it's happening on the default mybb theme as well.

I did import my IPB board into mybb so I'm not sure if this screwed something up. The conversion went well.
Hi,

check the smilieinsert template of the theme. Is must be something like:
<div style="margin:auto; width: 170px; margin-top: 20px;">
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" width="150">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->smilieinsert}</strong></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
<table width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" id="clickable_smilies">
{$smilies}
</table>
</td>
</tr>
{$getmore}
</table>
</div>

If not replace/add what is missing
(2019-02-12, 08:31 PM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

check the smilieinsert template of the theme. Is must be something like:
<div style="margin:auto; width: 170px; margin-top: 20px;">
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" width="150">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->smilieinsert}</strong></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
<table width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" id="clickable_smilies">
{$smilies}
</table>
</td>
</tr>
{$getmore}
</table>
</div>

If not replace/add what is missing

Thanks for the reply. I checked the template you suggested and that code seems to be in place.

[attachment=41531]

You can see in this post that it's not parsing the : ) smile for some odd reason

At this point, I'm going to do a full reinstall of the software, test the smiles on a vanilla board. If it works, then I'll use the merge system to import my IPB board and go from there.

After testing I can confirm after using the merge system - the smilies do not work.

Steps:
1.) Clean mybb install - smilies worked
2.) Merge system - import IPB board - smilies do not work after import

Another side effect of using the merge system is I can not see uploaded attachment files when I click on them

[attachment=41532]

So I've found the reason why the smilies are not showing up. Apparently during the conversion, it set the post to "smilies off"

I had to update those with SQL to turn them all on - volia they worked.