MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When switching to PHP 7, MyBB will not load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just get a white screen when switching to PHP 7. No error messages, just doesn't load anything at all. Any ideas?
error_log is your friend.
Thanks. Nothing in the error logs. Here is the reply from hosting

"We have tried reproducing the issue on our side, but unfortunately, no error logs appeared. Also, we have updated php settings, but it was not helpful as well.

please double-check if installation requires some specific Php extension enabled. You may check all available php extensions in Php Tweaks menu in your cPanel. "
That's just it, if it requires an extension that isn't loading, error_log should still tell you "X is undefined".

Did you bump to 7.2? I believe MyBB has issues with 7.2.
(2019-02-16, 07:55 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Nothing in the error logs. Here is the reply from hosting

"We have tried reproducing the issue on our side, but unfortunately, no error logs appeared. Also, we have updated php settings, but it was not helpful as well.

please double-check if installation requires some specific Php extension enabled. You may check all available php extensions in Php Tweaks menu in your cPanel. "

Downgrade the PHP version to 7.0.xx. That should do the trick for now.
Thank you for replies,

I've always been trying with 7.0, not 7.1 or 7.2

According to the host there are no errors at all. They've reproduced the issue but see no errors coming through.

All of the extensions are checked in cpanel according to mybb docs (SimpleXML,mbstring,gd)
MyBB should work with PHP 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2. Can you try enabling the error_reporting and display_errors PHP settings as described here and see if any errors are shown? https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/...php-errors
We should check next release (v1.8.21) for php 7.3 compatibility just to be sure
(2019-02-17, 08:18 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]We should check next release (v1.8.21) for php 7.3 compatibility just to be sure

I've been running 7.3 locally since release, so have been developing against that. I haven't checked all of the system obviously, but the common areas that I have been using have all worked so far Smile
Thats great! My webhosting provides only php 7.2