MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed myBB on my website, rubber314chicken.quotaless.com, but there are two problems:

1) after I logged out, no matter what I do, when I log it, it will never show me as logged in
2) when I went to the admin CP, I didn't see anything.

thanks for your help.
1) That is most likely a problem with your cookie settings, if I remember correctly.
2) Make sure you uploaded everything.
1- i tripled checked it 3 times, and compared it to the examply on this site
2- I did upload everything, and my webhost can auto install, I tried that, and it still didn't work.
1) Read [Wiki: Cookies] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) and use the handy tool (linked in the article) to find your correct cookie settings.
2) Re-download the 1.2.9 package and upload it again.
What is the URL for the forum? If it's a domain, it should be '.domain.com'. If it's a sub-domain, it should be '.sub.domain.com'. If it's in a sub-folder, then make sure that that's entered in the sub-directory field.

And can you be more descriptive with your Admin CP problem? You have to see something to be able to access these settings.
I cleared my database, and re downloaded and uploaded the boards, and I'm still having the same problem. I know I have the cookies right, it is .rubber314chicken.quotaless.com and / becuase the forums are the main page. I have no clue.
I deleted then recreated the database, then I deleted all the files, and re up loaded, and I installed to a directory off the site, and I have the cookie issue cleared up, buy I'm not getting anything at all when I got to the admin CP. I just see my host's ads.

edit- it also tells me no valid administration session has been found, if that help.
rubber314chicken Wrote:edit- it also tells me no valid administration session has been found, if that help.

I went to http://rubber314chicken.quotaless.com/forum/admin/ and found your Admin CP. Can you see that page?

The "no valid administration session has been found" usually means you haven't logged in yet. Have you tried logging in?
yes, I see it, yes, I have tried logging in, and I see nothing but the ads.
If you see nothing but ads, that's the default 404 Error Page. A 404 error, if you don't know, is basically an error for saying that the page doesn't exist on the server.
LegosJedi Wrote:If you see nothing but ads, that's the default 404 Error Page. A 404 error, if you don't know, is basically an error for saying that the page doesn't exist on the server.

yeah, I know what that is, but there was not the 404 page that host used. I switched hosts (becuase of really annoying ads), and it works now. I geuss that quotaless just doesn't like MyBB, but awesomewebspace does (thanks god for .co.nr.)