MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Click to edit" after migrating from IPB 3.4.x to MyBB 1.8.19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

I'm freshly user of MyBB after making the decision to switch from IPB and I encountered ONLY one problem that I can not deal with...

My problem concerns mainly to not showing upsome posts on forum.
Most often, these are the first posts in the threads, but it happens also in the answers to.

In post display only "Click to edit" text and after trying to edit it I only get text "Loading..." and nothing more happens.
Of course, I checked the MySQL database and after comparing several posts after conversion, all are saved in the database correctly.

Conversion made with the help of the MyBB Merge System.

At the end a few photos of sample posts and entries.
Before conversion:
[attachment=41550]
After
[attachment=41548]

Original post in MySQL (MyBB Tables)
[attachment=41549]

The whole thing started with a clean script without any plugins installed.

Thanks
Usually that would be caused by client-side JavaScript issues.

Is that the most recent version of MyBB? Does ACP's Tools & Maintenance → File Verification report any modified files? Are any errors shown in the browser's Console?
(2019-02-18, 09:44 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]Usually that would be caused by client-side JavaScript issues.

Is that the most recent version of MyBB? Does ACP's Tools & Maintenance → File Verification report any modified files? Are any errors shown in the browser's Console?

Yes, I'm using latest Version of MyBB. The mian system reports nothing about modified files. All I only do was installing FunkyOne Theme from iAndrew (paid Version) and Whisperer ACP. Both using JavaScript functions.

I haven't checked if I have any errors on the browser consoles. But Look into it later this day.

If you can Take a Look i gave you link to test site - retro.xboxarcade.pl

I have one more issue with post count because in stats showing up about 17k posts but on old Forum i have well oversize 25k posts.

Thanks

Check already any issues based on javascript on site but I didn't receive any errors while checking several posts and topics. If you can take a look onto it I can made a new account with admin permissions.

Screenshot:
[attachment=41553]

If I get over "Full Edit" option then original post show up with this part of signs �.
I went through a few topics and posts and each one that showed up had this sign.

My coding is Latin2 in both the database and in the inc / config.php file

All my posts showing up when I change this line in inc/config.php
$config['database']['encoding'] = 'latin2';
to
$config['database']['encoding'] = 'utf8';

but on the whole forum now showing illegible characters.
[attachment=41554]
PROBLEM SOLVED:

I did a few things that helped me to solve this problem.

If you used the Merge System to go to MyBB and your previous forum engine was running on non-UTF-8 encoding then you should follow these steps to avoid problems with the proper functioning of MyBB:
1. In the Table Encoding: field, select the current table encoding in MySQL
2. Deselect the option
3. Go through the conversion process.
If everything works, skip the next 3 points.
4. Log in to the MySQL database and by going to the operation do change the encoding on UTF-8 (utf8_general_ci) in the tables with the prefix mybb_
5. Go to ACP MyBB and in Tools & Maintenance go to UTF-8 Conversion and select "Convert All".
6. Edit the code in the inc/config.php file and upload it via FTP

$config['database']['encoding'] = 'latin2';
on
$config['database']['encoding'] = 'utf8';

After this treatment you will go from any UTF-8 encoding to MyBB and you will avoid problems with displaying "Click to Edit" in posts.

This method works for me on IPB 3.4.3 and maybe with others too.