MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't login!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I can't access my forum. I think the issue is with the fact it's a custom theme and it's saying the activation code is incorrect everytime I try to login. Is there some way to reset everyone to the default theme so I can login using a theme where the login form works fine? Or a way to do the edits on the theme without being logged in?

Thanks in advance. Smile
Explain can you sign in successfully but then it takes you back to login? or nothing is working
No, I can't do anything. It's an issue with the theme. When I try to login or even reset my password it gives me the code verification page and it doesn't do anything from there. Is there any way to reset everyone, even guests to the default theme without having access to the forum? That way I wouldn't have the theme issue that's preventing me from accessing my forum.
(2019-03-05, 10:45 PM)Starlight Wrote: [ -> ]No, I can't do anything.  It's an issue with the theme. When I try to login or even reset my password it gives me the code verification page and it doesn't do anything from there. Is there any way to reset everyone, even guests to the default theme without having access to the forum? That way I wouldn't have the theme issue that's preventing me from accessing my forum.

Its not your theme its normal MyBB application. I'm having the same issue on my site and on MyBB Forums.
Did you upgrade MyBB recently?
(2019-03-06, 11:43 AM)Daruu Wrote: [ -> ]Did you upgrade MyBB recently?

I did but it may just be an issue with the 1.8.20? Or when installing I wasnt paying attention and missed something.
We made some changes in 1.8.17 which means if you were running < .17 and then upgraded it's likely you would need to manually make a few small changes to your custom theme which would fix the exact issue you have mentioned.

Fix - https://community.mybb.com/thread-218460...pid1308277
(2019-03-07, 07:23 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]We made some changes in 1.8.17 which means if you were running < .17 and then upgraded it's likely you would need to manually make a few small changes to your custom theme which would fix the exact issue you have mentioned.

I have a question about the updates. Some of the pages are hidden or renamed. I cant find some of them in my editor that I use. Is there another editor that I could use?
(2019-03-07, 07:40 PM)97.7 No Chill FM Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-03-07, 07:23 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]We made some changes in 1.8.17 which means if you were running < .17 and then upgraded it's likely you would need to manually make a few small changes to your custom theme which would fix the exact issue you have mentioned.

I have a question about the updates. Some of the pages are hidden or renamed. I cant find some of them in my editor that I use. Is there another editor that I could use?

You should open a separate support thread for those issues.