MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Errors after upgrading from PHP 7.0 to 7.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After upgrading from PHP 7.0 to 7.1 several errors occured, mostly Plugin-related.

Most of the problems I could solve by myself with help from found solutions on this MyBB-forum. Thanks a lot for that!

I stil have a problem with one of my plugins; I posted that allready in the 'Plug-in support section'.
See: https://community.mybb.com/thread-222016.html
The error looks like this:
[Image: 29d7nso.jpg]
[Image: 29d7nso.jpg][Image: 29d7nso.jpg]

My general question is: What excactly meens a error like this? Can I repair it myself like most of the other changes ('search for xxx and replace by xxx')?
The biggest problem is that the plugin you have is made for the 1.6 series and this is 1.8. The odds are that it would be a E_NOTICE rather than an E_WARNING on 7.0, but notices are not usually displayed unless you specifically set them to be. I can see if I can find any problem though.

The biggest problem is the query that starts on line 314 and goes to line 327. With how poorly the plugin is even written, I can't figure out what its trying to do.
(2019-02-19, 02:34 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest problem is that the plugin you have is made for the 1.6 series and this is 1.8.  The odds are that it would be a E_NOTICE rather than an E_WARNING on 7.0, but notices are not usually displayed unless you specifically set them to be.  I can see if I can find any problem though.

The biggest problem is the query that starts on line 314 and goes to line 327.  With how poorly the plugin is even written, I can't figure out what its trying to do.

Thanks for trying Dragonexpert. I hope someone else has an idea how to solve this problem?
I really need this plugin and i have to upgrade to PHP 7.1 or higher in the next months.......
My suggestion would be to post in Plugin Requests or use a different extension like OUGC Announcement Bars. This particular one is coded by one of the devs.
I merged from phpbb recently and while merging I have to revert back from php 7.2 to 7.0. Later when after successful merging I tried to go back to php 7.2 there are problems similar to this, all are plugin related.
(2019-02-19, 04:43 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]I merged from phpbb recently and while merging I have to revert back from php 7.2 to 7.0. Later when after successful merging I tried to go back to php 7.2 there are problems similar to this, all are plugin related.

As much as I'd like to write all my plugins in PHP 7, the problem is MyBB core only requiring PHP 5 series. Therefore any public plugin I make that is free will be written for PHP 5 series although will generally work on PHP 7. Custom plugins and paid plugins I use as much PHP 7 as possible to reduce code.