MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I find the password to a MySQL database through SSH or phpmyadmin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently self hosting my forum so I don’t have access to cPanel but I’m getting error code 1045 - does anyone know where to find the password to a MySQL database?
You can find it inside inc/config.php file, where are you hosting your forums ?
A 1045 error indicates that your access was denied. It may or may not be because of your password.
(2019-02-21, 03:42 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]You can find it inside inc/config.php file, where are you hosting your forums ?

Well, looking up how to fix error code 1045 said that the code inside of the config.php file must of been incorrect, so I changed the database password in there to my root password but still getting the same error.

It makes sense that the password would be incorrect since I just downloaded a .zip of my mybb database and files from my old web host to put in on my local server.

Should I possibly delete config.php and mybb will recreate the file, or is there somewhere else to find the database password?

edit: I’m hosting off of Microsoft Azure virtual machine running CentOS 7 with Apache2
(2019-02-21, 05:42 AM)Zerxal Wrote: [ -> ]Well, looking up how to fix error code 1045 said that the code inside of the config.php file must of been incorrect, so I changed the database password in there to my root password but still getting the same error.

Ok; a) what's the URL of your website, and what's the exact error you're getting. 1045 isn't very helpful.

b) if you're still getting a wrong password error, something's broken.
(2019-02-21, 06:01 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-21, 05:42 AM)Zerxal Wrote: [ -> ]Well, looking up how to fix error code 1045 said that the code inside of the config.php file must of been incorrect, so I changed the database plimeword in there to my root plimeword but still getting the same error.

Ok; a) what's the URL of your website, and what's the exact error you're getting. 1045 isn't very helpful.

b) if you're still getting a wrong plimeword error, something's broken.

a - The current URL is http://13.82.53.126/mybb/ you can see the error code there.

b - I don’t know what you mean by plimewood error.
Looks like it’s fixed; I’m now getting a no permission error; as to plimewood - looks like “password” got caught in the filter, again.
i know a fast easy why i could help you
(2019-02-22, 12:08 AM)ExclusiveSprx Wrote: [ -> ]i know a fast easy why i could help you

Here’s a novel thought - how about instead of clickbaiting him, you actually tell him.