MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank You/Like System Query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the mybb will be getting a new version released so I was reading the upgrade documentation.

In it, it was stated that I have to deactivate all the plugins. Its okay for all of them but I couldn't help but wonder that if I deactivate the 'Thank you/Like System' plugin, will not all the counts of likes and thanked posts be lost?

I will be backing up my entire site although, before doing anything. But still when I will activate the plugin in new version, how to make sure that it will have all the data that my site needs??
You're not meant to deactivate them individually. The documentation refers to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > Set Disable All Plugins to Yes prior to upgrading.
(2019-02-22, 12:36 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]You're not meant to deactivate them individually. The documentation refers to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration > Set Disable All Plugins to Yes prior to upgrading.

I have to deactivate them. I get it. But it doesn't answer my query.
If you use the settings to disable all plugins rather than doing it individually data will not be lost. If you actually run the deactivate function on the plugin page, you may lose the data depending on how the author coded it.
(2019-02-22, 01:37 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]If you use the settings to disable all plugins rather than doing it individually data will not be lost.  If you actually run the deactivate function on the plugin page, you may lose the data depending on how the author coded it.

So, just disabling it. And without deactivating it. Data will not be lost. Wink