MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Customizing Lightmin ACP Login Logo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I customise the Logo on the ACP Login page of Lightmin Theme for ACP?
Not sure of the folder name but it should be something like this.

http://yoursite.com/admin/styles/Lightmin/images/login_logo.png
(2019-02-26, 12:05 PM)DarKMaSk Wrote: [ -> ]How can I customise the Logo on the ACP Login page of Lightmin Theme for ACP?

Same logo as the rest of the ACP style:

http://yoursite.com/admin/styles/Lightmin/images/logo.svg

For login specific styling find in login.css:

Approx line #74
#header a {
    background: url(./images/logo.svg) 10px center no-repeat;
    background-size: 30px;
    display: block;
    color: #666666; 
    line-height: 40px;
    padding-left: 50px;
    border-radius: 3px;
    font-weight: normal;
    font-family: "Asap", sans-serif;
}
I tried but I could not remove the 'MYBB ACP' text, though I have replaced the logo and the logo shows in very small size as it has been fitted in the small space where the old logo was. See the pic.

https://i.postimg.cc/xjyF8CVD/lightmin-a...roblem.png
(2019-02-26, 05:56 PM)DarKMaSk Wrote: [ -> ]I tried but I could not remove the 'MYBB ACP' text, though I have replaced the logo and the logo shows in very small size as it has been fitted in the small space where the old logo was. See the pic.

https://i.postimg.cc/xjyF8CVD/lightmin-a...roblem.png

did you change the background-size in css to compensate for img size change?

For the text try.

Admin/inc/class_page.php

Look for the couple in login specific generation.

<h1><a href="../" title="{$lang->return_to_forum}"><span class="invisible">{$lang->mybb_acp}</span></a></h1>

Replace:

{$lang->mybb_acp}

With whatever you want or you keep as is and edit the lang file instead, up to you.
Better I stck to default theme.
(2019-02-27, 05:39 AM)DarKMaSk Wrote: [ -> ]Better I stck to default theme.

Most likely you would have to do the same thing on any other acp style that may have text in the login you wanted to remove for that matter or what not due to acp login changes, also note when you downloaded lightmin it comes with an already partially modified admin/inc/class_page.php due simply to the need for the viewport on login page so in theory you could first simply duplicate / copy and modify the existing admin/inc/class_page.php in Lightmin dist pkg  and rename the copy to say -old and then edit  admin/inc/class_page.php included in Lightmin dist pkg so that if you are worried about making mistakes you have the backup so you could feel comfortable editing for your usages. But,  eh, whatever you want to do is your choice and fine by me. Best of luck!
(2019-02-27, 05:56 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

Most likely you would have to do the same thing on any other acp style that may have text in the login you wanted to remove for that matter or what not due to acp login changes, also note when you downloaded lightmin it comes with an already partially modified admin/inc/class_page.php due simply to the need for the viewport on login page so in theory you could first simply duplicate / copy and modify the existing admin/inc/class_page.php in Lightmin dist pkg  and rename the copy to say -old and then edit  admin/inc/class_page.php included in Lightmin dist pkg so that if you are worried about making mistakes you have the backup so you could feel comfortable editing for your usages. But,  eh, whatever you want to do is your choice and fine by me. Best of luck!

Hmm. I will let you know after I try your method. Thanks for your help.
(2019-02-27, 10:28 AM)DarKMaSk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-27, 05:56 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]

Hmm. I will let you know after I try your method. Thanks for your help.

No worries, here to help. let me simplify it hopefully:

As for the logo sizing changes to compensate for your image you will need to modify line-height and background-size to reflect your new image size

background-size: 30px; // change to your desired size
    line-height: 40px; // change to your desired size

This also as we talked about earlier
{$lang->mybb_acp}

in admin/inc/class_page.php

We will modify it  to remove the text but still display the image. For this we simply comment out <!--// //--> and then add a &nbsp; so that the logo will still appear * Primarily you want to do this to all {$lang->mybb_acp} in class_page.php 

<!--//{$lang->mybb_acp}//-->&nbsp;

Now, here is the class_page.php with previous described changes done already for you.  ** Note: this is for MyBB version 1.8.20

[attachment=41578]

That removes the text completely from the equation as you wished.

Ok, now let us now also discuss the fact that you could also simply do some edits via css and achieve a similar result if that is easier for you and does not remove/comment out core code but the text is still there just not seen as you set the text color to transparent...., though I am not sure that is the solution for you since you are trying to have a larger image in its place and that text would still be there just not seen, hence why I give you the two solutions option to remove completely via code edit like you wanted thus removed the text entirely and the option to hide/make unseen via css.

#header a {
    background: url(./images/logo.svg) 10px center no-repeat; // edit to your desired image and such
    background-size: 30px; // change to your desired size
    display: block;
    color: transparent; // change to #hex to be visible
    line-height: 40px; // change to your desired size
    padding-left: 50px;
    border-radius: 3px; // most likely you no longer need this
    font-weight: normal; // most likely you no longer need this
    font-family: "Asap", sans-serif; // most likely you no longer need this
}

Note: there are other ways to do such things as well but I figured giving two simple options is more of an informative solution. Best of luck!