MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with 'Rules Page' plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I installed the 'Rules page' plugin but no seperate rules page has been created, at least I can't see it. Is there anything else I have to do?
(2019-02-27, 05:51 AM)DarKMaSk Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the 'Rules page' plugin but no seperate rules page has been created, at least I can't see it. Is there anything else I have to do?

Most likely you are using a theme that does not have default toplinks hence the plugin cannot install the toplink link though you could manually add the link.

<li class="rules_link"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=rules" class="rules" style="background: url(images/toplinks/rules.png) no-repeat;" border="0" alt="" />{$lang->rules_page_link}</a></li>

As far as the page have you attempted to visit the actual rules page link ie: your_forum_directory/misc.php?action=rules
before assuming it does not exist?
(2019-02-27, 06:02 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-27, 05:51 AM)DarKMaSk Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the 'Rules page' plugin but no seperate rules page has been created, at least I can't see it. Is there anything else I have to do?

Most likely you are using a theme that does not have default toplinks hence the plugin cannot install the toplink link though you could manually add the link.

<li class="rules_link"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=rules" class="rules" style="background: url(images/toplinks/rules.png) no-repeat;" border="0" alt="" />{$lang->rules_page_link}</a></li>

As far as the page have you attempted to visit the actual rules page link ie: your_forum_directory/misc.php?action=rules
before assuming it does not exist?

Which theme template do I go to for code insertion?
^ you can add that code in the header template of the theme [add after or before {$menu_portal}]

[MyBB Templates related guidance]
Or just use the built-in Help Docs of MyBB. Link to the Help Doc from whatever Template you need.
I was able to add link...Any way to add an icon next to it?
(2020-02-07, 07:13 AM)christineoneal1971 Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to add link...Any way to add an icon next to it?

The reason the link did not install with the plugin is because of the help center menu manager plug as that replaces toplinks... so yeah your link would need to be added manually  for example:

There is an image path in the link for an icon and when you uploaded the plugin you uploaded the images/toplinks directory with the rules.png icon in it

https://www.conservativeperspective.onli.../rules.png
I copied and pasted the code but the icon isn't showing up. I checked and the image is in the right folder. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Huh
(2020-02-07, 08:44 PM)christineoneal Wrote: [ -> ]I copied and pasted the code but the icon isn't showing up. I checked and the image is in the right folder. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Huh

Sorry, I am in a meeting for the next few hours but will try to help you after. Just a thought since you are using the menu manager, have you tried removing the rules link you manually added to the template and then instead opting for adding a new link and image in tthe menu manager plug? As I spaced you are using that and that would make more sense for you.

[Image: Screenshot-20200207-140613-Firefox.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20200207-140726-Firefox.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20200207-140743-Firefox.jpg]
I added the extension and all the menu items show as "enabled" but aren't showing up.  What's up with that?
Pages: 1 2