MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New project submission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any tutorial or help file regarding new project submission? If any, I will be obliged if anyone give me the link or give me some guidance. Thanks.
this guidance can be helpful => owning & managing MyBB projects
(2019-02-28, 07:57 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]This link
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...action=new
Smile

I have already visited this page but couldn't understand what should I write in the 'Code Name' field. Sad

(2019-02-28, 09:34 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]this guidance can be helpful => owning & managing MyBB projects

This link is showing a 404 page, i.e. it does not exist anymore.
The page shows fine for me? Code name should generally be the name of your plugin. I recommend using the file name with an underscore if it is multiple words. It is used to help determine if there is an update available for a plugin.

I should also note that it can sometimes take a few days from the time you submit a project to the time it is approved / rejected depending on complexity and the availability of MyBB staff. I used to help with the queue, but I work full-time and go to college part-time now. Once you do get your submission approved, you should create a thread in the appropriate releases forum. When you post your thread, it will need to be approved by a staff member.

There is also a program called Approved Developers that you may have seen on user projects such as myself or Shade. Approved developers have proven themselves trustworthy to MyBB in their plugins. Code is written high quality and normally doesn't contain vulnerabilities. These users do not require their submission to be approved by staff.
(2019-02-28, 11:28 AM)DarKMaSk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-28, 07:57 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]This link
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...action=new
Smile

I have already visited this page but couldn't understand what should I write in the 'Code Name' field. Sad

(2019-02-28, 09:34 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]this guidance can be helpful => owning & managing MyBB projects

This link is showing a 404 page, i.e. it does not exist anymore.

How come this is online now?! Anyway, it is really a helpful guide. Thanks for help. Smile