MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any bug for v1820??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hy everyone, i want to ask you for any bug or error if i upgrade mybb v1819 to 1820...
Have you upgraded to the latest version?

please comment here...
i have upgraded to latest version (1.8.20)
so far it's ok

my forum address is ziuma.com
We have carried out lengthy testing phases through our release candidates.
Even if anything is missed out and causes problem - be assured about getting prompt support from us which we always do.
I will be performing the upgrade this weekend. As, I don't want to close the forum while I am getting traffic.

So, here is the thing I am currently using php 7.0 so should I have to upgrade it to 7.2 or I can perform the php update after upgrading mybb?

And also I have to disable the plugins, right? I have to do it one by one as I have suggested previously. So, are there any order to it? Or, should I disable them one by one as I like?
If you go through the docs MyBB now recommend PHP 7.3, but it is not mandatory. 1.8.x will still be supporting lower version of PHP. We strictly follow this, we don't use constant arrays, we don't use ternary operators (there are few already in code, but thats not a problem with PHP 7), we still use array(), not [ ]. So, even if you don't update PHP its fine.

For the rest of the updates personally what I do is I don't disable plugins. I take a backup of existing theme, replace changed core files, run update, restore old theme and then I upgrade the theme as per diff report carrying all the plugin inserts in the theme, one by one ... checking live anything is breaking or not. This may not be recommended method though ...

It may look scary at a glance but if you really update your theme following diff its hardly matter of 15 - 20 minutes.
Okay, what I can do is take backup of files (through Filezilla) and database (through cPanel).

Then just replace all the old files with new files via Filezilla. Run the update (or install). Right? (Its your process)

I just didn't understand what do you mean by restoring old theme? Did you switch to default mybb theme while running the update?
I take backup of existing theme before commencing update, and restore after update, so if anything goes wrong my custom templates are safe. Upgrade doesn't touch custom templates, you can ignore, its just a one step ahead safe side.
So, I can just take backups and replace the old files with ones. And run the update (or install)? I don't have to disable any plugin or so?
It is still recommended to disable all the plugins before running upgrade script as some plugins may throw warnings and even interrupt the process.
(2019-03-01, 07:37 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]It is still recommended to disable all the plugins before running upgrade script as some plugins may throw warnings and even interrupt the process.
I just care about one plugin. The 'Thankyou/Like' system. I don't wanna loose all the counts of likes by users. Blush