MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.8.20 - JS error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated from 1.8.19 to 1.8.20 today, I get this error in my browser console (Google Chrome)
Error in console:
[Image: qf5sB2R.png]
Here details:
[Image: ke0Kc16.png]

I use Cloudflare CDN. no issues on MyBB 1.8.19, 1.8.20 - errors Sad - Thank you for the update, thank you in advance for any help!
---------------------------------------------------
One more to be notice about that in future:
jQuery (deprecation notice)
[Image: Ff9fAE3.png]
Any chance you can try disabling Rocket Loader inside CloudFlare to see if it helps at all? I know it has caused problems in the past.

Is this error on every page, or only on some?
@Euan - I think that I fixed the issue - I missed one template edit in showthread template. So error disappeared.

Only deprecation notice is still there, so maybe in future can be fixed (not a bug or error).

Thank you for your fast reply and support!

OK, there must be more issues with jQuery - it happens on quick edit (works fine, but this error in console)

[Image: krVcQGY.png]
Interesting. I'd not noticed this during testing.

We did update both jQuery and SCEditor this release, so I'm not surprised we're finding issues.

It looks like this Stack overflow post is related: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1649...how-to-fix

I also don't seem to be getting this error here on the community forums when doing a quick edit. Do you have any custom JS running on your site? It might be easiest if you can provide me with your URL and a test account. I'm about to head away from the computer for a while, but will look at it for you later on.
I use CKeditor (RIN editor), so it is related to jQuery. Any simple workaround?
Ah, yeah that's probably what's causing it then. The question is whether the :hover is inside CKeditor (lots of code, hard to find and fix), or in some custom code from RIN editor (hopefully less code and easier to fix). If you can provide a test account, I'll try and work out where it is.
I sent you credentials (Discord). Thank you!
I think all those problems are due upgrade of js, there are many templates and customized js that have to been up to date.

I have finished now all into my site so it is up to date and running without any issues, however i use Cloudflare aswell.

The only issue was with some new addittion into source code in one file that puts style into quotes and code but when you use a particular style those boxes are not showing fine, in here the issue would never happen because this forums use a customized addon for that parts Smile and it is really nice by the way Smile
A note to drop here, while I have not actually went into the real issue. :
All the avatar image check calls are required to be removed from all templates. Those are incompatible code with JQuery 3 and redundant as well. The check is now centralized and being performed from js file.
:hover concole error was caused by Animated additional images - debugged and fixed by Euan, thank you buddy for your support. I made a PR to fix that.

https://github.com/Destroy666x/MyBB-Anim...ges/pull/4