MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Plugin, is there any way to redirect Google SEO without enabling URL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have been on default MyBB links for awhile, but for several years we had Google SEO URL enabled (long story).... I thought it had been re-directing fine because I'd seen this:
This can be used for all sorts of redirections: redirect to the main site if your forum is available under several domain names, redirect stock MyBB URLs to Google SEO URLs (or the other way around). 

But then I just read this warning more carefully:
Redirect enabled, but URL disabled. This is fine for redirecting stock MyBB URLs (showthread.php?tid=x) to MyBB search engine friendly URLs (thread-x.html) or vice versa. If you want to redirect stock MyBB URLs to Google SEO URLs or vice versa, please enable URL as well.

Over the years, our site was shared probably hundreds of times with Google SEO URL link....

Is there any way to have the Google SEO URL link to auto-redirect to default MyBB links without enabling the Google SEO URLs?
(2019-03-01, 08:27 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to  have the Google SEO URL link to auto-redirect to default MyBB links without enabling the Google SEO URLs?

You have to enable Google SEO URL module so it can understand Google SEO URLs. Only if the URLs are understood can they be redirected back to stock URLs.

Also the Google SEO rewrite rules have to be present in .htaccess since without rewrite rule they won't work in the first place.

The "redirect back to stock URLs" then happens when you "revert changes to core files" on the Google SEO plugins page.

If you want to disable Google SEO URL for specific items only, you can also change URL scheme to empty string in the Google SEO URL settings.
Okay, I think I have found a solution that works for me...

Enabled URL, but didn't 'apply changes to core files'. It appears to be working fine with the redirects (if going to Google SEO link, it forwards to the mybb default URL)... Is this a good solution?